What games are you going to do??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2006, 07:23 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Post the games you like best here!! Whether its a game you have heard of and want to try or have done it before, post them so others can gets ideas!

Thanks!
December 29th, 2006, 05:49 PM
RayofHope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok so I think I am going to have the "Dirty Diaper" game at at least one of my babyshowers. I saw it ont he girls next door.

You get a chocolate candy bar and melt it down. Put it in a disposable diaper and the guests have to guess what kind of candy bar it is by looking, smelling, tasting.

I also like the dress the baby game. There is a doll surrounded by clothes, on a table the floor whatever it doesn't really matter. You have 30 seconds to put as many items on the baby as possible. Whoever has the most on at the end wins.

Another fun one is. Put a rope across the room like a clothes line. You have to talk on the phone, while holding the baby, while hanging clothes. That one is timed also. Whoever has the most items hung at the end wins.

That's all I got for now.

Thanks Claire1979 for my Fabulous Siggie!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
February 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
DH and I came up with some funny ones yesterday.

Water Balloon diaper.
A ballon filled with water, and you have to put a diaper on it without popping it, first one done wins.

Dirty Diaper Basketball
After Water Balloon diaper, you pop all the balloons that weren't already popped, roll the diaper in a ball (stick tabs on so it stays together) and try to get it in the garbage can (not only a game, but a fun clean up as well, lol)

The next one I saw on "A Baby Show", but it needs to be changed a bit if children want to play, lol.

Beer Bottle Sucker
Take a 4 oz bottle and fill it with beer (or anything of your choice) the first person to drink the entire bottle, without chewing the nipple off wins, lol.

That's all we got so far, but we got time, and we are looking for funny games rather than the "normal" ones.
February 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
We did three different ones at my shower!

We did the usualy measure mommy's belly! We just passed around a roll of streamer and let everyone tear off a piece.

We also did bingo. My hosts filled them out ahead of time with different things like diapers, wipes, socks, sleepers. Then as I opened my gifts people would mark them off on their card. It gave them something to do while I opened everything and took some of the pressure off of me!

The other game we did I dont know what you would call lol We froze plastic babies in ice cubes and then put one in every person's drink. Whoever's melted down first had to yell out their water broke. Everyone really liked that lol
March 19th, 2007, 05:23 PM
starcie
My shower was a couple days ago and the funniest one was getting guests to cut up pictures of my partner and I and try to make a face out of the combined features.

Heres some of the faces they came up with.
September 25th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Regular
Great ideas ladies! ty!
March 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Aimee's_Mommy08's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Aimee's_Mommy08 Send a message via MSN to Aimee's_Mommy08 Send a message via Yahoo to Aimee's_Mommy08
The ideas are awesome lady's thanks alot.And I will let you know if I came up with any I am thinking of some but this is my first child and frist babyshower so I don't really know what kind of games there are thanks again though
March 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me and my sis are planning my cousins 1st babyshower. We are going to play a name game, where everyone is given a funny name that has to do with pregnancy or babies (nausea, uterus, fundus, gerber, doula, munchkin, etc). If you accidently call someone by their real name you have to put some change in the baby's piggy bank. All of the $ goes towards the baby and believe me it adds up. We played it at another baby shower and I know I spent every last bit of change in my purse and car. Another fun game is baby scattegories. It's just like the board game but we use a baby theme instead. ( something mom yells during labor, boy's name, famous moms, stars' baby names, something in a OB/Gyn office, baby shower gift)
April 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
carter3c's Avatar Member
1- don't cross your legs: when everyone comes to the shower give them a necklace to wear. if someone catches you crossing your legs and they called it out you have to give your necklace to that person. person with the most necklace wins!

2-don't say baby: same concept as game #1 except don't say "baby"!

3-baby food: have 5-6 baby food on the table with the labels torn off. make guest try what flavor baby food that is. person with most correct anwers wins!

May 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
Shyflutterby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Shyflutterby Send a message via Yahoo to Shyflutterby
This isn't really a game per say but a friend of mine is doing this at her shower so while I was helping plan another friends we thought we would give it a try as well..........there's a few ways to do it.....we call it the Diaper Raffel.

First way is to hand out tickets to everyone that brings a pack of diapers and at the end of the party pull out the matching ticket and that person win's the "grand prize" this is the way my friend who came up with is doing it.

2nd way is for every pack of diapers a person brings they get a raffel ticket and every few mins call out a number and that person gets a small prize.

3rd way is the way we are doing it for my friend who ever brings the most diapers in a variety of sizes newborn-two wins the grand prize!

May 8th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Post the games you like best here!! Whether its a game you have heard of and want to try or have done it before, post them so others can gets ideas!

Thanks![/b]

I've done those before too! The first one was so much fun.
July 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby Raffle:

this is like a 50/50 raffle.

What you do:

Ask your guests if they would like to sign up for the raffle. The raffle ticket costs 5.00 (or any denomination you preset) Have people write their contact information on a piece of paper along with the date they think the baby will come, how much they think it will weigh, if you don't know what your having you can have them put what they think the baby will be.

Then when the baby is born you find the person that is closest to the correct numbers and they get half the money. The rest goes into a savings account for the baby.
October 17th, 2009, 01:16 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
GUESS THE CELEB BABY/CHILD
For my SIL's upcoming baby shower.... I found 20 celebs-as-babies/kids photos. I put them all on a poster board. I did a few American icons and people popular today. I put some easy ones and hard ones. The person to guess the most right will win.
February 27th, 2010, 07:29 AM
This is disgusting but sooo fun. You open clean diapers and put a portion of baby-food into each one and then pass them around and invite people to taset it to identify the flavor. Hahahaaa- it's a twist on the original game. And the pictures of women eating out of diapers are priceless!
June 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
We're doing the chinese auction and all the imediate family donated a basket.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search