When are showers usually planned?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to kayla_cheree2oo6
I was wondering when baby showers are normally given. I'm due at the end of July..so i thought maybe around the beginning of June? That way it would give me time to take things back and exchange and to still buy things that I didn't receive that I need?

Is that about the right timing?
April 7th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
yeah, that sounds like a good time. i'm due the beginning of august and we're doing the end of june, just because it works better for us.
April 9th, 2007, 04:57 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anywhere from 6-8 weeks in advance is normal.

April 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby shower was planned (by my sister) about 5 weeks before my due date.

April 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
tsxylilmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be having my little girl around the 26th-27th of July and going to have my baby shower the 10th of June.
So that way we have time to get the things we didn't get or exchange things we got two of.

So yes the beginning of June sounds about right to me.

May 4th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Seanaci's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Seanaci Send a message via MSN to Seanaci
That sounds good to me. Personally, it's whatever you guys are comfortable with. Having it at least 4 weeks before your due date is good as it allows you to take back items for exchange (for items you wanted but didn't get) or return if you got duplicates of something that you don't need duplicates of. It also allows you to finish getting the nursery ready with bedding and other items you may have gotten at your baby shower.

I'm due in October and we're having mine in August (as my mom is throwing it and will be back to work the end of August in the high school library, and doesn't want the stress of work and planning my shower).
June 23rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
That sounds like good timing to me... I'm due the end of August and my mom is having my shower the second week in July...
September 28th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I'm just wondering, I know I've got plenty of time but my best friend and I are so excited about the baby shower prospect that we've already started to get ideas...

I'm not due until May 27, so would a shower the first week of March be too early?

I'm in college (as are most of my friends) and the first week of March is Spring Break... so it would be the best time to get everyone together and make sure our friends that are away at college would be able to attend... but that's almost 3 months before my due date, so I'm not sure if that would be "okay" or not... ?
September 28th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Yeah, sounds about right. You want them anywhere from 1-2 months before you are due.

January 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am due May 7th and my shower is March 29th. I think your idea sounds good.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
January 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think at least 6-8 weeks before the due date is a good idea.Because if you should happen to go early or have to be put on bedrest then you'll have it out of the way and can exchange things.
18 years ago my mom planned me a shower and had to cancel it because I got toxemia and was put on bedrest and a very limited diet.So they had it after the baby was born.

Plus the closer to your due date the more miserable you are going to be.

I am due March 7th and my shower is this Saturday and I am miserable and my feet are huge from all the swelling and my hands and face are swelling too

March 6th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Chelsea08's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Chelsea08
I wanted to have mine about 8 weeks in advance too but because of work schedule and holidays during that entire month, it was impossible. Now my shower is on June 8th and I am due July 4th.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wNRbPqz/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 23rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
disneydiva76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to disneydiva76
I am due early Jan and we are doing the shower in October. Only because the closer to the holidays, the less people want to come or buy anything. And we have not one drop of baby stuff. Its a little further than the norm but I don't think most people will mind.

}
May 23rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im due July 2nd and I had mine this past Saturday on the 17th. I was 33 1/2 weeks, so thats about 6 1/2 weeks before my due date.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search