My Arrival Shower

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Hi

I need to VENT!

okay, so my toddler is 18 months old and I am due July 8th with baby #2. My son was born December 8th so when we visited relatives in Nj on Christmas they were able to see him when he was brand new, just 2.5 weeks old. We'll Ryleigh will be born end of June/Be. of July and obv it will be sometime before Christmas rolls around and i'd like her to be welcomed into this world as Evan was. So, I had the idea to throw an arrival party, it is not a shower and i do/did not expect gifts from anyone, as it is my children are so close in age that we have everything from evna's shower [which my aunt threw for me].

We'll, I find out that my husbands grandmother can't make it [she was like his mother and raised him]. But, not only can't she come, he found out from his father that she "researched" it online to see if it was"something I could do for myself" by throwing myself a "shower". what business is that of her's? and I have heard of women throwing themselves showers before- for crying out loud there's an entire board on justmommies for it!

it bothers me because something so simple and nice for our daughter has turned into this mess.

am I right? or is it wrong of me to be throwing this "party"?

and when I spoke to my aunt just to vent she acted like she had "never" heard of anyone throwing themself a shower --- and that it would be like someone throwing themself a "suprise party" it's just not done. not all showers are surprises, am I right?

thanks for letting me get that out.

</div><div align="center">

</div>
May 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM
asianmama
did u make it clear to everyone that this is NOT a shower. it is a WELCOME HOME gathering to meet the new addition??????
May 28th, 2007, 05:35 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom

Maybe you shouldn't call it a shower but an arrival party or just a Welcome Home party?

May 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM
jenniferleighxo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenniferleighxo
Inside the invite I did a print out saying "this is an arrival party, ryleigh will be here for this!".

I feel I got my point across. oh well, I know what my intentions are/were and this is something I feel will be special, and those who want to share in this can! you know?

thanks ladies.

</div><div align="center">

</div>
June 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Regular
I am new to this website, but I was searching google for ideas for a baby arrival party and came across this thread and decided to reply. I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about having a baby arrival party too. My daughter will be 22 months old when the baby gets here and I am planning on having the party on Sept 1st. The baby should be here on Aug 2nd. So I am hoping nobody thinks its tacky to do this for ourselves but we dont expect gifts either, I would just like to have a day planned for people to come and meet him when he isnt so young and vulnerable and I have recovered from my c-section! I hope yours goes well!!
Sheila
June 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Veteran
We had put together a welcome home party for Colin about a month after he was born. It was very casual and a few people bought gifts. But didn't feel they needed. I think not having a registry, they might get the clue. But either way they should support your ideas.

August 7th, 2007, 05:15 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
My friend planned my diaper shower (about a month after the twins were born), but it was my idea for the most part and I did help in the planning. As long as you don't say it is a shower but rather a party I don't see a problem with it.
August 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Regular
there shouldn't be a problem with whatever you choose to do. it's your baby and they should be more than estatic to meet your little one. i've gone to several "meet the baby" parties and i think it's a good idea. some traditions don't believe in baby showers till after the baby is born. i say do what you want

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search