•Welcome Home Party•

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2007, 08:40 PM
hypnotiq83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hypnotiq83 Send a message via Yahoo to hypnotiq83
I think this is a pretty awesome idea. Mind if I steal it? lol

June 11th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Veteran
That sounds cool. I want to have a welcome home party, after the baby is born, but everyone wants to give me a baby shower.

Hanna

June 15th, 2007, 03:46 AM
tiffani76541's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's a cool idea, but I just have a suggestion:

-Just be really careful about the baby being passed around, I would have a lot of hand disinfectant around.
(My best friend did a welcome home party, and it didnt end well, and the baby ended up getting extremely sick.)

Other than that, Welcome Home Parties can be great!Have fun planning!
June 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
tyzzle's Avatar Super Mommy
I like the idea, but how soon would you have it? I know that I will probably be uncomfortable having a whole house full of people and a party going on while I was still recovering. This is my first child, but I imagine giving birth takes a lot of you. I've talked to plenty of mom's who did not feel like seeing people (at least large groups of them) for weeks after giving birth.
July 6th, 2007, 10:48 PM
This is what I plan on doing when I have my second. I plan to do it 2 - 3 weeks after the birth and basically plan it as an Open House. We would make if from like 12 - 2 and just invite people to come within that timeframe...mingle...eat...see the nursery...and see the baby...oh...and drop off gifts, which would be optional.

I don't want to have a full-blown baby shower and this is a good way for people to bring gifts AND see the baby.

As others have mentioned, germs would be a concern. But even with my #1, we had a ton of visitors in the hospital and at home.

I'm curious to see other ideas.
July 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
We aren't having a party per se, but we will be going up to see hubby's family in Late January to Early February. Both sides of his family will be there then. Cady will be about 3-4mths old. Many of them haven't seen the boys since my youngest was really little either. So it will be so much fun! I am sure that there will be a big dinner or something. I am going to be a bit protective considering it will be so cold up north then! lol

July 20th, 2007, 09:49 PM
BusyMom
I was thinking of doing the same thing, maybe like a one month birthday party.
I want to do this because recently I have been to so many baby showers where I have bought gifts and then never saw the baby. One girl form work was due a month ago and I haven't even gotten an email that says the baby is here. I just think it would be nice for the people buying gifts to actually see who they are buying for.

July 21st, 2007, 09:56 AM
BusyMom
I am thinking of one month because it will give me a chance to settle and and recover. I am sure friends and family will see the baby before then, but if I am serving food and need to clean my house, I don't want to do that much work right away.
August 7th, 2007, 06:08 AM
mom2my3boyz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2my3boyz Send a message via Yahoo to mom2my3boyz
I had something similar with my twins. I had a diaper shower though. It was great because then everyone was able to see the babies at one time rather than me having to entertain people all the time. It was very relaxed and a great opportunity to stock up on diapers!
November 16th, 2009, 02:35 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I had one of these with my DS. I love the idea!
December 24th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Regular
I feel that having a baby shower is different thing and after brth party is different thing.You should have a baby shower party. In this you and your child will be blessed by all your relatives and friends.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search