Need ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Hi ladies! I'm Sara, 22, and single mom to Gemma, 2. I did not have a shower with my daughter. My family presented me with a carseat on Thanksgiving and that was it. Now I just found out that my sister is expecting. She's only 18 and I know this is going to be hard and our family will disapprove so I want to make sure that I'm there for her. I have all of my daughter's baby stuff still so she will have everything she needs plus I have some boy clothing as well. I want her to have a shower just for the experience. Not having one myself, I felt like just because Gemma was born out of wedlock that she wasn't 'special' enough. I really want to make my sister's special.

So far my idea was to get a fire hall/ rec room for a day and invite all of her friend's, family, and all of her bf's family. Of course gifts would be welcome but not expected since I will supply her with almost everything. I would like to play games, have dancing (maybe a DJ), cake, lots of food, and of course great decorations and party favors. I was thinking that I would like to get copies of her ultrasound (when she has one) and put the picture on something like a mug or photo album for close family and then have a baby bottle stuffed with candy or something for friends and not-so-close family. I'm sure I'll need tons of help.

I just wanted to introduce myself and the situation so I'll quit rambling now. Thanks in advance ladies!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search