first time mommy, i need advice!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies! I got a few questions. Okay...

1. when are you going to order your baby shower invitations?
2. does the invitation have to match your nursery? [ex. my nursery is done in pooh, should i get pooh invites?]
3. when are you planning on having your shower?
4. how soon in advance are you sending your invitations out? [a month? 2 months? weeks?]
5. how long should i give people to rsvp?

I'm thinking around September 22nd. I'll be like 33 or 34 weeks....plenty big, lol! AND....I found some really cute pooh invites that are $3.75 for 8 of them, not too bad. But i also found some cute pink ones with a cute bug sitting on a flower that for only $2.00 for 8. I need 8 packs...so thats a $20 difference. [i'm on a budget] What should I do?

Bug on Flower
?OR?
Pooh Bear

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

July 5th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Rylie's Mom Send a message via MSN to Rylie's Mom
1. when are you going to order your baby shower invitations? i made my own and had them printed on photo paper through a one hour service so i got them right away

2. does the invitation have to match your nursery? [ex. my nursery is done in pooh, should i get pooh invites?] i don't have a nursery theme so i don't think so. mine were pink. you could always put on there that your doing a pooh theme

3. when are you planning on having your shower? mine was june 23 and i'm due aug 4. we are really busy in july, that's why it was so early

4. how soon in advance are you sending your invitations out? [a month? 2 months? weeks?] i think we sent them out about a month or 3 weeks

5. how long should i give people to rsvp? my mom didn't think we needed an rsvp so i'm no help here
July 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
popping in form oct 06 pr
1. when are you going to order your baby shower invitations? i would order them probably 2 months before your shower that way u know they will be there in time and if somehting happens in the mail you will still have time to get others one..if your buying them at the store then when ever u want to mail them out or hand them out to the guest...
2. does the invitation have to match your nursery? [ex. my nursery is done in pooh, should i get pooh invites?no they dont have to match thats all up tp you and your budget..

3. when are you planning on having your shower?ive had my baby showers about a month and half before i was due..

4. how soon in advance are you sending your invitations out? [a month? 2 months? weeks?] i would say a month u dont want to send them out to early, your guest might lose the invite and forget to come...

5. how long should i give people to rsvp? i would say if your having it sept 22nd. tell them u need to kow by the 12th...
i work as a lead server/office asst. for a catering comp. and are rule is for party that we need the final count 1 week before the party day..so i would go with the 12 that way u can still have time to confrim it if your having it catered..if not you still have plenty of time to get what u need to get for the count...if that makes since..
h2h

**Thanks .Meagan. for my great siggy**
X1
July 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
THANKS a ton ladies!!!

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

August 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
1. when are you going to order your baby shower invitations? I made my invites.

2. does the invitation have to match your nursery? [ex. my nursery is done in pooh, should i get pooh invites?] mine didnt. I had my shower in october with a halloween theme and my invites looked like bats. I put n the invite what my theme was.

3. when are you planning on having your shower? I had my shower for my girls about 6 weeks earlier than my due.
My son was due Dec 25 and we had the shower the week before halloween

4. how soon in advance are you sending your invitations out? [a month? 2 months? weeks?] We sent ours out about 3 weeks before.

5. how long should i give people to rsvp? I didnt really do the rsvp. If they showed up they showed up, if not more food for me!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
August 28th, 2007, 07:15 AM
** Mandy **

1. when are you going to order your baby shower invitations? Mine were sent out by the people hosting the shower and they bought them at local stores and wrote on them.

2. does the invitation have to match your nursery? [ex. my nursery is done in pooh, should i get pooh invites?] Not at all. If you want them to that is fine but it isn't necessary or expected at all. The people who hosted my showers picked my invites out so I didn't have a say.

3. when are you planning on having your shower? I had mine in January and my baby was due March 5. I would have liked to have had them earlier though for planning purposes and to feel more prepared earlier.

4. how soon in advance are you sending your invitations out? [a month? 2 months? weeks?] I think giving your guest at least two weeks notice is nice. 2 months is a bit much.

5. how long should i give people to rsvp? a week or so depending on how early you get the invites out. I left that up to the hosts though and I think in my case they didn't worry about having an exact count.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search