who do u invite??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Veteran
My step mom is planning our baby shower for October but she has asked me to make a list of people that we want invited and well i just dont know who to invite!
There are some people that i talk to through facebook or msn but that i dont really hang out with! we moved away just over a year ago so i kinda lost contact with alot of ppl just because its over 4 hours away..should i invite these people or should i not? the shower will actually be back where we are from because we are the only ones that live far away so its more convenient for everyone!

Like whats the rule of thumb on invitations?? for example if they were having a baby would i go to their baby shower ! is that what i should be asking myself? im totally lost, would anyone be offended to be invited??

<div align="center"></div>
August 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think asking yourself how you would feel about being invited to their shower is a good idea. Also ask yourself would you go? I always am afraid to get too crazy because I don't like to feel like people think I am only inviting them for a gift. Do you have a large family? Does your step mom have friends that she wants to include. I say just invite the people that you are the closest to. Let me know how you make out.
August 25th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
good way of thinking of it
I also would probably only invite the people that you are really close with
or who you have been talking to more often on the internet.

good luck and hope you have lots of fun

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
August 27th, 2007, 10:19 PM
asianmama
with my first child -- the people who came to my baby shower were my two step sisters, 3 of my nieces , my other sister and three of my close friends from highschool- plus the people who work with me-- they didnt stay they just drop gifts off and went on doing their shifts( it was held at my work)
with my second child- i had my sister and sister inlaw and then 5 of my friends from high school.
___________________ I INVITED ALOT of people and those were the only ones that showed up~

i think u should invite who ever u feel comfortable being there-- i also did the they came to my baby shower so i will go to their wedding/bridal shower/baby shower..
August 28th, 2007, 08:08 AM
** Mandy **

I think it is a good idea to ask how you would feel if you got an invite from them to their baby shower?
I had two baby showers, one where it was my friends who I invited and then one that was thrown by my mom's friends and all of her friends came. I wasn't particularly close to them but my mom is and they have been in her life for a long time and therefore have known me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search