Will I Really Have a Baby Shower?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 05:11 PM
QRodriguez's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to QRodriguez Send a message via Yahoo to QRodriguez
Where should I begin. Well, my MIL wants to throw me a baby shower in October and asked me to make a list of all my friends and family so she can call and coordinate. I live in NJ and all my family and friends are 3-9hrs away. I don't have anyone here but my husband and my in-laws. Well the situation now is that my god parents want to come but can only come up on the 13th or the 27th of October because my godfather works every other weekend. My MIL wants to have it on the 20th because it is after payday. She doesn't want to change it. I actually have been asking her for the last month what day she wanted to have it on but she never gave me an answer until I told her that my godfather had to work on those days. She said that my godfather will have plenty of time to change his schedule. I feel that if we send the invitations out now everyone will have plenty of time to buy something. My main concern isn't what people buy anyway. I would just love to have someone there from my family to support me even though I love my in-laws. My family that are 9hrs away, I really don't count on them coming but maybe. I just want to at least have my godparents there. Am I being unreasonable? Is it a bad thing to plan your own baby shower?

August 28th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I thought I was going crazy. Thank you. This is my first child so I really don't know how it goes. I planned to call her again and ask if we could just have it on the 13th of October because that would be so much better. I thought the same thing about the 20th. A week after payday still doesn't make sense and my husband feels the same way. I don't think he wants to get in the middle of it but if I asked him to he might. I did tell her that the 13th would be best but she insisted that he could change his schedule. I didn't feel like arguing so I figured that I would try again another day.
Sorry to hear that you don't get along with your MIL. That can make it very difficult when it comes to your husband and the grandchildren. I know there has been times where I didn't exactly agree with her just like this situation and my husband said that I wasn't being nasty or rude so I guess it all depends.
Thanks again for the advice.

Quianna

Quote:
I would feel upset. I had alot of say in the planning of my baby shower. This baby shower is about YOU and what works for you and your family........and not her. LOL I guess I am the type of person who would tell her the 27th would be best because your godparents could make it and how important to you that she tries to work around there schedule. Plus its the week after pay day (so she should still have money) and if it couldnt be that day than perhaps picking another day in the following month.

I cant stand my MIL and so I dont have experience in how to deal with inlaws.

What does dh say about it? Would he be willing to say anything to her?

Sally[/b]

September 4th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I finally got my MIL to change the date to October 13th. This is so much better and now I am excited. It will be here before I know it and by that time there will be just one month to go before the baby is here. Thank you for your support Sally.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search