Baby Shower Games

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Diddo on the "Remember whats in the basket", love this game
Guess babies stats- have everyone guess what day, the weight, the length, the time
Don't say baby-Everyone receives a clothes pin when they arrive and are told that they can't say the word baby. When you hear someone say it, you get their pin. The person with the most at the end wins
Guess the size of belly
Cotton Ball game- Take a bowl and fill with cotton balls, Blindfold the player and give them another bowl and a spoon. You give them like 3-5 minutes to scoop as many cotton balls as they can into their bowl (this is funny because you can't tell if you have any on your spoon)

September 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
SagesMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SagesMommy
Dirty diaper raffle: you cut little diapers out of felt (make a triangle then fold into a diaper shape) in a few of them hot glue a chocolate chip. Everyone takes a diaper out of a bag or hat or whatever and opens it. the ones with Poopie in them win prizes. Make sure no one knows what they are looking for so they don't feel for the dirty ones.

Never Say Baby: everyone who attends gets a pin or necklace on arrival. If you get caught saying "baby" at any time during the shower the person who calls you on it first gets your pin/necklace. The person with the most at the end wins a prize.

She Said WHAT?: This one is best when the mom doesn't know its being done. During the gift unwrapping have someone write down everything mom to be says as she's opening the gifts. When they are open tell the guests you'd like to read them somthing. Read out the list then inform them that this is what mom to be said the night baby was conceived...can be quite funny when things like Aww I've never seen one that little before! how cute, I wish i had one of these! are said.

October 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Patti hearts Braxton's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Girls

At my cousin's shower, we bought her a robe and pinned different baby items on it such as a pacifier, rattle, diaper, bottle, nipple...you get the point LOL, We had her greet each guest as they came in. Once all the guests arrived, she took off the robe and then while the gifts were being opened we had everyone write down what was on the robe. It was a fun little "remember" game!

ETA: We then had all of the guests sign her robe which she wore while at the hospital *It was a nice thing for her to have

November 9th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Quote:
Dirty diaper raffle: you cut little diapers out of felt (make a triangle then fold into a diaper shape) in a few of them hot glue a chocolate chip. Everyone takes a diaper out of a bag or hat or whatever and opens it. the ones with Poopie in them win prizes. Make sure no one knows what they are looking for so they don't feel for the dirty ones.

Never Say Baby: everyone who attends gets a pin or necklace on arrival. If you get caught saying "baby" at any time during the shower the person who calls you on it first gets your pin/necklace. The person with the most at the end wins a prize.

She Said WHAT?: This one is best when the mom doesn't know its being done. During the gift unwrapping have someone write down everything mom to be says as she's opening the gifts. When they are open tell the guests you'd like to read them somthing. Read out the list then inform them that this is what mom to be said the night baby was conceived...can be quite funny when things like Aww I've never seen one that little before! how cute, I wish i had one of these! are said.[/b]
The dirty diaper raffle sounds so cute! But, how do you close the felt diapers? Do you use a safety pin?

Quote:
Hi Girls

At my cousin's shower, we bought her a robe and pinned different baby items on it such as a pacifier, rattle, diaper, bottle, nipple...you get the point LOL, We had her greet each guest as they came in. Once all the guests arrived, she took off the robe and then while the gifts were being opened we had everyone write down what was on the robe. It was a fun little "remember" game!

ETA: We then had all of the guests sign her robe which she wore while at the hospital *It was a nice thing for her to have [/b]
That is a wonderful idea. I like that the robe can be used later by the mom.

November 11th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
A fun one for a younger crowd is a matching game with celebrity names and their children's names. You know how so many of them have extremely unique names!

Another good one is a "Price is Right" game. Someone (usually the host) buys about 10 baby items. The contestants guess the price of each item. It's funny to see how shocked some of the older guests are at how high the price of baby items is! All of the items get put into a basket and serve as a gift to the mom to be.
February 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Julia'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
I did a game similar to the memory game of baby items for a friend's shower. Instead, what I did was have mom to be carry around a tray full of baby stuff (pacifier, bottle, diaper, etc..) so, naturally, everyone assumed it was a memory game of the stuff on the tray. After a coupld of minutes, mom to be and the tray went into the next room and then you tell all the guests to list what mom is wearing!!! It surprises people, as most of them aren't really paying attention to mom to be is wearing.. It includes her clothes, any hair accessories, jewelry, etc.. it's a fun twist!!
March 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Me and my sis are planning my cousins 1st babyshower. We are going to play a name game, where everyone is given a funny name that has to do with pregnancy or babies (nausea, uterus, fundus, gerber, doula, munchkin, etc). If you accidently call someone by their real name you have to put some change in the baby's piggy bank. All of the $ goes towards the baby and believe me it adds up. We played it at another baby shower and I know I spent every last bit of change in my purse and car. Another fun game is baby scattegories. It's just like the board game but we use a baby theme instead. ( something mom yells during labor, boy's name, famous moms, stars' baby names, something in a OB/Gyn office, baby shower gift)
March 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A good site to get baby games from is: www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com

March 15th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Regular
For my shower my mom and sisters had a bunch of onsies and iron on pictures. There were pictures of me and my husband and our dog. The guests were able to make their own onsies with different sayings. It was really fun and I have so many onsies I'll never have to buy any. My sisters and mom had onsies that went from newborn to 12 months.
April 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
We did a fun one at my sil's shower.

Draw the picture- You give everyone a sealed envelope that has an index card with something baby wrote on it(diaper, bottle, pacifier, etc.).
You give 3 minutes for everyone to draw what is on their card and tell them that the mom to be picks the best drawing.
Everyone puts their name on the card, puts the card back in the enevelope and turns it in. You then announce the
winner will be the person who opened the envelope the neatest.
It is so funny watching everyone trying to draw their item perfect and then their reaction when you tell them it depends on the envelope.

April 16th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Quote:
We did a fun one at my sil's shower.

Draw the picture- You give everyone a sealed envelope that has an index card with something baby wrote on it(diaper, bottle, pacifier, etc.).
You give 3 minutes for everyone to draw what is on their card and tell them that the mom to be picks the best drawing.
Everyone puts their name on the card, puts the card back in the enevelope and turns it in. You then announce the
winner will be the person who opened the envelope the neatest.
It is so funny watching everyone trying to draw their item perfect and then their reaction when you tell them it depends on the envelope.[/b]
That is a hysterical game!!! I would love to try that.

April 29th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Regular
Don't say baby is my favorite game. We used bracelets made of ribbon. The goal is not to say the word baby. If you do your bracelet gets taken. Everyone got one upon arrival and whoever ended up with the most at the end of the game was the winner. This was an excellent game for our co-ed shower. It got people interacting and having fun.
May 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to OurJoy
The Price is Right!

Various baby items were on a table and walked around the room. The object was to guess the cost of the item. People really got into it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search