I wish I would have know about this site a year ago

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Regular
Last year my cousin was pregnant with her second child. No one in the family was happy about it because the guy she was pregnant by is a loser. I kept waiting for someone to say something about throwing her a baby shower but no one did. I asked her mom about it and she said that you don't have showers for the second pregnancy, only the first. Well my cousin is a single mom that works 40 hours a week and goes to school at night and I thought she deserved a shower. Her first child is a girl and she was expecting a boy this time so she had no boy stuff. I sent out some invitations and planned a party. I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I baked a sheet cake and frosted it white with yellow dots of various sizes and wrote congrats on it. I bought a few dozen balloons to hang up. For food we had egg salad and ham and cheese sandwiches cut up into triangles with chips and dip. For drink I bought a couple cases of soda and put them in a cooler with ice. After everyone ate I just assumed they would start opening presents or something. I cleaned up the kitchen and everyone just sat around and looked at me. When I finished that we opened presents. After presents people just started leaving. I didn't know about games that you play at showers or anything. I had never been to a baby shower before because when she had her first baby we weren't on speaking terms so I didn't attend. After reading the different post on here and other sites I feel like I really shortchanged her on the shower. Her son just turned 1 and I think I made up for it. We had his party at McDonalds with a bakery cake and lots of candy and games. I bought him his first tricycle and he loved it. After that was over he slept over at my house and we played with all his new toys and the next day I took hm to build a bear. Another friend is due in november and I'm going to make sure she has a diaper cake and plenty of games.
October 1st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Regular
I think it was very nice of you to go out of your way to plan the shower for you, even though you didnt know what you were doing. I'm sure she appreciated the gesture. I certainly would have!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search