Thank You Card Idea

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2008, 05:12 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
So I was thinking about bringing my Thank You card envelopes & just asking that everyone who brought something fill out an envelope with their address.

Do you think they would find that rude or think I'm lazy?

I just don't want to go through the hassle of having to ask everyone for addresses.

January 16th, 2008, 05:00 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
Quote:
I just don't want to go through the hassle of having to ask everyone for addresses.[/b]
Do you not already have the addresses from sending out invites?

January 16th, 2008, 10:00 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
I just don't want to go through the hassle of having to ask everyone for addresses.[/b]
Do you not already have the addresses from sending out invites?
[/b][/quote]

I didn't do any of that. My MIL did. Shes throwing the shower for me.

January 22nd, 2008, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would get the Addresses from your MIL. I think it's kinda tacky to ask people to fill them out but that's just my opinion.
January 23rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been to 2 showers last year that did that and I am going to do the same thing.It'll make it easier becuase this way all you have to do is write in your thank you notes and then put the stamps on them

January 24th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Get the addresses from your MIL. I went to a shower where they had everyone write their own address on the envelope. I thought it was tacky and lazy. If your guests are generous enough to give you a gift, it doesn't take much to address their thank you note.
February 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I dont think its tacky at all. You can even make a little game out of it. Everyone fills out a card with their name on it, and you stick all the envelopes in a bowl, and then pick one out like a raffle. Thats what we did at my Bridal shower and it made it easier on me, and everyone thought it was a fun idea. PLus i had my thank you cards out that week, since part of the work was done, and my mom got so many compliments on how fast i got out my thank you cards. I say go for it.
February 27th, 2008, 10:23 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I dont think its tacky at all. You can even make a little game out of it. Everyone fills out a card with their name on it, and you stick all the envelopes in a bowl, and then pick one out like a raffle. Thats what we did at my Bridal shower and it made it easier on me, and everyone thought it was a fun idea. PLus i had my thank you cards out that week, since part of the work was done, and my mom got so many compliments on how fast i got out my thank you cards. I say go for it.[/b]

This is what we did at my bridal shower and baby shower. I say go for it too!

May 9th, 2008, 08:09 AM
audreyburn06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to audreyburn06
Quote:
In the memory book it had a place for everyone to sign and write something to the baby. You could ask them to sign the book and also to include there address. That way you're getting them to do it without seeming lazy . Also in the book there is a place to write down all the gifts and who they were from.[/b]
I LOVE this idea, not just because you'd have the addresses, but that you'd have something thoughtful written by those at your shower, for the baby, I feel like it would really help capture the memories. And it's always hard to remember who gave you what in all the commotion... I'm going to look into this.
I like the idea of the envelope in the bowl too though, I'm not big on games, so that's a nice simple one to get people involved. I think I've been at showers where they did that, and I didn't find it tacky at all. Plus, I think people know how busy or tired you are when you're preg and don't mind helping out a bit by writing their address for you.

May 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
I love that idea.

Thanks for sharing.
May 27th, 2008, 04:02 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
I can see how some people would think that it is kind of tacky and lazy, but personally, I wouldn't mind doing that. I doubt that I will, but I wouldn't mind if I went to the shower and they were doing that.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
June 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i am actually throwing my friend a shower this saturday and i bought thank you cards and i am asking everyone to address them and then putting them in a basket and picking out 2 envelopes and who ever gets picked gets a gift. i don't think its tacky at all. i guess it just depends on where you are from because it is really common to do this around here so no one thinks anything of it.

can you ask your MIL to have the thank you cards sitting out and have people fill them out really fast? it only takes 2 seconds!

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
June 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
As the host of a shower, I have done this before. I bought the thank you cards for the mom-to-be, had everyone address their own envelope, and then did a drawing and pulled out 2 envelopes as winners of a prize. I didn't think it was tacky at all.
July 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think is't a great idea. My mom is doing that for me. Not only does it ensure that you have the correct mailing address but it's less work for you to do later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search