baby shower questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Shower Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2008, 06:00 AM
sos219's Avatar Regular
I have some question about baby showers for everyone. I'm not even close to haveing one i'm only 5 weeks pregnant but i'm kind of arguing with dh so i need some opinions.
1. how baby showers are you haveing? for example are you having one for you husbands side and one for your side?
2. how many people are being invited (ti each)
3. when is your baby shower and when are you due
4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. ( should you invite them anyway)
5. how many sotre are you registered at?
6. who went with you when you went to register?
7. are both men and women being invited to any baby showers?
Ok that's it... thanks for your time.

February 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
Veteran
1. how baby showers are you haveing? I had two. One for our families and then another from our friends.
2. how many people are being invited? There were about 30 people at the family one and 20 my friend one.
3. when is your baby shower and when are you due? One was at about 7 months and the other at 8.
4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. N/A
5. how many sotre are you registered at? One
6. who went with you when you went to register? Mom and Aunt .. then Kyle to change some things.
7. are both men and women being invited to any baby showers? Men came to the family shower, but they hung out around the grill and watched sports lol

I didn't really have big showers though. Mainly because I was so young - I just borrowed alot from family. My aunt had tons of stuff that she let me use or gave me. So I only registered for small things like bath tub, clothes, blankets, toys.

</div>
February 5th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. how baby showers are you haveing? for example are you having one for you husbands side and one for your side? Probably just one

2. how many people are being invited (ti each) I don't know. By me we do surprise showers and the guest of honor has no part in the planning

3. when is your baby shower and when are you due I think my sister and MIL are throwing me one, probably sometime in early/mid March and I'm due April 2nd

4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. ( should you invite them anyway) I have a few friends at work that I invited to my wedding. My sister will probably invite them if she still has the addresses she stole from me to throw my wedding shower

5. how many sotre are you registered at? I registered at Babies R Us

6. who went with you when you went to register? My sister was supposed to come with me, but kept canceling. So I went by myself. DH wanted no part of registering and that was okay with me.

7. are both men and women being invited to any baby showers? We do women only showers here and I prefer it that way. My husband would rather eat glass than sit around and open baby gifts.
February 12th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
1. how baby showers are you haveing? for example are you having one for you husbands side and one for your side? I was going to have three-one for my side, one for dh's side and one for work which is what I did for my wedding but they all want to get together and do one big one. That is fine but I don't think they realize how many people they are dealing with.
2. how many people are being invited (ti each) Around 60 (I don't think that many will show though. I already know that some family members will be out of town and unable to attend)
3. when is your baby shower and when are you due I am due 5/12 and my shower is 4/5
4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. ( should you invite them anyway) See above
5. how many sotre are you registered at? Three (BRU, Baby Depot, Walmart). I compared prices on different items between the three stores and felt that it was good to give people flexability on where to shop.
6. who went with you when you went to register? My mom and sister
7. are both men and women being invited to any baby showers? Just women at our showers. Its always just been a woman thing around here. DH and guys in our family would not be happy about having to attend.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

February 24th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Basher Barbie's Avatar Regular
1. how baby showers are you haveing? for example are you having one for you husbands side and one for your side?
On my first child, I had 2 showers. One that my friend's threw and then one that was more of a grandmother's shower that my mom's friends threw. No shower for people on my dh's side, they live 300 miles away.

2. how many people are being invited (ti each)
I invited 25 people to mine and my mother's had 15 people.

3. when is your baby shower and when are you due
I had my shower at 27 weeks.
4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. ( should you invite them anyway)
I invited people that I liked from work. I would never assume that I would get a work shower, though work did give me a BRUs gift card closer to my due date.

5. how many sotre are you registered at?
Babys R Us and Potterybarn Kids for bedding

6. who went with you when you went to register?
I did it by myself, I preferred it that way, so I could take my time. I also did a lot of it online.

Women only, most men have no interest in going to showers.
February 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. With DD#1, we had one babyshower for family (both sides) and friends. I really don't the point in having two or more showers, unless you have family in a different city/state/etc. or if maybe your co-workers want to host their own shower for you.

2. We invited both of our families (our parents, siblings, grandparents, close cousins, etc), our closest friends, and a few co-workers that we were good friends with.

3. My babyshower was a month before my due date, which I think is the norm.

4. We invited people we worked with. Everyone at my work pooled money together and bought a number of gifts off of my registry. A few from work also gave me separate gifts from themselves.

5. I only registered at two stores, Babies R Us and Baby Depot

6. My husband and I did our registry together.

7. Only women were invited to my babyshower, however I don't think it's a big deal if men come too. My SIL had a babyshower that was for EVERYONE. They had just moved back from Germany and it was a big shin-dig, very fun!

I hope I helped a little
March 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. how baby showers are you haveing? for example are you having one for you husbands side and one for your side? I'll probably end up with 3 or 4, one for my side and maybe a separate one from my friends or they might come to the one my mom throws, one for DH's side (it will have to be separate probably since the two families are 3 hours apart) and one for work
2. how many people are being invited (ti each) I'm not sure, if the one for my side includes my friends, it will be a big one (even if it doesn't because I have a big family and my mom has a lot of friends she will invite), the one for DH's side will be smaller and the one for work will probably be decent sized
3. when is your baby shower and when are you due - no baby showers planned yet, we aren't due until November
4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. ( should you invite them anyway) They will throw me one, they don't know we're pregnant yet but since I've been trying for 2 years they know how bad I want a baby, they've already made the comments of they can't wait until it's my turn for them to throw me one
5. how many sotre are you registered at? I will register at Babies R Us and Target for sure, maybe Walmart just because it's the only store in my hometown but probably not because I like Target's stuff better.
6. who went with you when you went to register? My SIL (my surrogate) will definately go with me I think, I doubt DH will want to go.
7. are both men and women being invited to any baby showers? I have no idea . Probably not the one my mom throws, in my hometown it tends to be a women only thing. At work sometimes they invite guys, sometimes not, if they do, the guys usually just chip in on a GC and don't actually come. For DH's side, him, his brothers and nephews will probably be around but I don't know if they'll be participating or off doing their own thing.
March 6th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Chelsea08's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to Chelsea08
1. how baby showers are you haveing? for example are you having one for you husbands side and one for your side? I am having one big shower for both sides.
2. how many people are being invited (ti each) I'm guessing there will be about 30
3. when is your baby shower and when are you due My shower is on June 8th and I am due July 4th
4. Are you invting the poeple you work with or are they throwing you one at work. ( should you invite them anyway) I'm inviting the people I work with as I do not like all of them, lol.
5. how many sotre are you registered at? I'm registered at 1
6. who went with you when you went to register? My mom
Just women, I dont think men would be too pleased about having to go and it also makes the women a little uncomfortable when trying to be 'girly'

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wNRbPqz/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search