Re-intro

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 02:08 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I haven't logged on in over a month! WHOA!

I had introduced myself a while ago, but the board was sort of slow. JessP, I just got your PM about the board moving again. Sorry to be so late...

I'm Jessica (32), mom to Kannon (3) and Milo (16.5 mos). Kannon may or may not have asthma. He has a wheeze, has had some breathing issues, but they're starting the search by treating possible irritants and allergies. Milo is a fountain of medical issues. LOL He was just recently officially diagnosed with asthma. They kept calling it BPD, but his latest chest x-ray and episode scream asthma. He's on a nebulizer every 4 hours, 2 meds per treatment, round the clock. I think that they were hoping that the breathing problems were just from RSV lung damage and him being so small (he has Russell-Silver Syndrome, a form of primordial dwarfism), but it's getting worse instead of better. He's on oxygen every night, we have an oximeter, the nebulizers as I mentioned, and I'm looking into a rescue inhaler (can't believe he doesn't have one!). He has all sorts of other equipment, too, but that's the lung-related stuff. He has central and obstructive apnea; he has already had an adenoidectomy, but they may have to do a complete removal now. They may have to do something with his airway, too, but we'll see.

Milo's official diagnosis came after we were up all night trying to wake him up, giving him treatments, and had him on 5L of oxygen with no improvement in sats (they were in the 70s). Now we're all just holding our breath with cold and flu season coming...
October 20th, 2009, 07:35 PM
*tacii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm surprised you don't have a rescue inhaler for Milo as well! I find half the time doctors OVER prescribe them, not under. Hope the meds work for him!

TTC our 3rd and last baby since Dec 2007

July 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; BFN
August 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7; BFN
HSG Aug 27/09: Tubes are clear!
September 2009: Clomid 50mg CD 5-9; final cycle on Clomid; BFN

Referral to fertility clinic sent Dec 1, 2011.. the wait begins
December 2011: Vit B6, Folic acid, Preseed, OPK's + temping... and lots of praying
April 3, 2012: Initial consultation done at fertility clinic. Starting Prometrium to induce AF, doing b/w and pelvic u/s and doing Clomid x 3 cycles

October 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Oh my gosh what a lot of stuff for such a little boy. I hope you get that rescue inhaler soon. I am so glad you came back . I hope that the get Kannon's wheezing under control. I know what you mean about the cold and flu season I am so worried. We usually end up with bronchitis this time of year. So far the meds are helping. I hope the season is not to hard on anyone.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 21st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Don't forget to add your special dates to the stickie so we can all celebrate with you .

October 21st, 2009, 06:44 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Wow that is a lot for a little boy. I hope that we are able to give you some form of support! GL

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

October 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks, ladies! I have a call in to the doc about a rescue inhaler. I may have to wait for a while, though. I think that they don't want to give him too much medication (he's on a lot for other things, too), and his face is so tiny that the masks really don't fit too well.

LOL Yes, quite a bit of stuff for him to go through, and what I listed isn't even half of it! LOL He's a strong boy-he'll get through it!!!
October 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
I would recommend the aero chamber for him too so its easier than mouthing the inhaler imo. He sounds like a very brave little boy. I hope you get some information back from you dr about the inhaler. Let us know when you hear something.

October 22nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
He had the aero chamber, but it didn't work so well...which is why he's on the nebulizers so often. But I don't think that the doc understands that I can't take the nebulizer everywhere! LOL Still no word. I'm going to ask for the aero, but I'm not sure how it will work for him. ANything is better than nothing, though, right?
October 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Oh yes I would think anything is better than nothing. That is tough to do the neb treatments so much. And frustrating that the doctor won't call you back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search