Hi i'm new here

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Tareena. My son has asmatha . He's 6 1/2. Its been rough. he was diagnosed at 2 1/2yrs old when we rushed to the hospital b/c he was having trouble breathing. that was scary and the most horrible point of my life. I was so afraid something bad was going to happen i prayed to god every nite. .He didn't have to stay overnite and came home with us thank god. He's been in the hospital 2x's with pnuemonia. I've been giving him nebulize treatments 2 a day in the winter & summer. i keep him in ac in the summer, it breaks my heart when theres a cold day and he can't go out . its hard b/c he yells no to wearing the coat, the hat, gloves . i tell him please for me, or you can't go outside. i don't want you sick. so on the cold days we cudd and we watch movies. he crys . i hate seeing him cry . he loves drawing and crafts so i keep him busy. the cold weather we get in NY is horrible with his asmtha. I'm hoping for no hosptial trips for him & me & hubby too this winter and continuing.

Last edited by mommy_to_nico; November 8th, 2010 at 08:58 AM.
November 9th, 2010, 09:48 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Does he take anything daily for his asthma?

Welcome to the board. I am Jessi your host. My son Jeremy has asthma, he is 4. He was diagnosed at 3. We had broncitus every winter usually about 4 times before they finally diagnosised him and got him on singular once a day. Last winter was amazing. No antibiotics, not hospital visits. Perhaps you could ask your dr about something like that to help him. Poor guy not being able to go outside and play. Could it be allergies too?
This isn't a super active board but we are here anytime you have questions. Feel free to poke around and post or ask or lurk .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He has other health issues such as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It's genetic. Which he is prone to getting sick alot. he gets 2 1/2 -3 hrs outside a day. i space the time by a few hours before going out again. He has his albuetrol nebulizer treatment as needed and gets 1-2 nebulizer treatments of pulmorcorte at night depending on weather, etc. The doc& i agreed no inhaler yet, thats even if he needs it, which his doctor hasn't said anything yet. He has bronch. asmtha. He hasn't been tested for allergys yet. We are in the process of going for blood work soon.

Last edited by mommy_to_nico; November 10th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
November 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Poor little guy. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
welcome. im pretty new here too. my dd is asthmatic too. she will be 6 in 3 months and was diagnosed at 23 months old although we were first told she had it when she was 11 weeks they wouldnt formally diagnose it until she was 2. she is a 33 week preemie and has asthma, gerd, failure to thrive, chronic sinus disease, and is immuno compromised. we use daily singulair and flovent 2x a day for prevention and ventolin for attacks, as well as ventolin before she is exposed to any triggers such as before she goes out into the cold or before she is going to be active. when this is not enough she is put on a 5 day course of prednisone. we did allergy testing as well as a lot of other testing.

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search