January Check In

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Check in ladies.
Who is here?
How are the kiddos doing?
What medicines are the kids taking?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM
BusyMom4's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
Check in ladies.
Who is here? Im here!!
How are the kiddos doing? So So. Nyla was doing really well, until she came down with a stomach bug last week. She started to puke which caused her to aspirate and of course that caused her lungs to act up. She had o2 sats of 88-89 a few times, but has been back up around 93-96 which is great. We have gone up on her meds and she seems to be recovering. She lost weight again which is so frustrating. She was up to 34.0 pounds and went down to 32.8 and is now up to 33.2 pounds. Being that she will be 6 next month I hope that she can get this weight back very soon. Weight gain has always been an issue for her.
What medicines are the kids taking? FloVent, Singulair, Ventolin, Prevacid, Vitiman (double dose), Floride, VeraMyst, PediaSure and as of now I think thats all.

Big thanks to KimberlyD0 for my amazing siggy

Last edited by BusyMom4; January 4th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
January 5th, 2011, 06:06 AM
luvmygirls333's Avatar Super Mommy
Who's here? I'm Kim
How are the kiddos doing? Marissa has been coughing for about a week. Sometimes it seems to be getting better, then it will get worse. I have a physical today (the girls and I have the same dr) so I will ask the dr then what our next step should be with Marissa, since the meds are not controlling it very well. Samantha started coughing this morning too (Samantha and Marissa both have asthma and take meds for it). Ally has also been coughing for about 5 day and it seems to be getting worse. I am hoping she doesn't end up having asthma as well (she's 2)
What medicines are the kids taking? The big girls both take QVar and Claritin daily. They take an albuterol inhaler every 4 hrs when they have a flare, and if it gets really bad, they do albuterol in the neb too.
January 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Great to see you ladies .
Glad to see Nyla is gaining weight. I thought Linda was skinny at 6 years old and only 40lbs.
Kim how is Marissa doing? I saw your other posts. I hope all the girls are starting to feel better.

I am still around of course. Super busy so I apologize if I don't pop in everyday.
Jeremy is doing good. Has a bit of a runny nose so we are doing neb treatments right now to hopefully not get too sick. Still taking singulair once a day.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Who is here? I'm here!
How are the kiddos doing? Danny is doing a lot better. He still coughs a few times per day but NOTHING like before the Advair. He will get a little wheezy when he runs aroudn but we do xopenex and he clears up in a few minutes. The allergist is on the verge of switching him from RAD to asthma because he is three now and geting worse instead of better.
What medicines are the kids taking? Xopenex any time his coughing flares, Singulair, Advair, Zenpep, Zantac(for the Zenpep to work, he doesn't have reflux issues), and a vitamin.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search