steam tent?

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2011, 07:19 AM
luvmygirls333's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone do this to help with the coughing? (bowl of hot water with a towel over the head) Someone at DH's work has a dd with the same type of asthma cough and suggested we try it. Marissa was to afraid to put her face close to the bowl b.c it was hot lol....Should I try to get her to do it, or is it a waste of time?
January 6th, 2011, 10:12 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I personally have done it when I had a cold to relieve the pressure and drain the sinus. I find taking a hot shower to be more helpful. I am not sure how or if it would help with the asthma except that it may help her drain the sinus and relieve some of the congestion that tends to settle in their chests. Perhaps loosen up the stuff stuck in their chest as well. It can't hurt to try. If she doesn't like the towel thing you can always try the shower or a hot bath with menthol baby soap in it. Either way she may feel better. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

January 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
The steam helps to soothe the irritated tissues from coughing and helps settle the inflamation that causes spasmic coughing. At my parent's house they have a wierd bath tub that has a separate steamer. You push a button on the wall and you only get steam, no water. Like a sauna. When we were home over thanksgiving break we had to use that with Danny. It would help while he was in there but as soon as he got back out into the room temperature air he would flare again. We had to get oral steroids that time because he would literally go no longer than a minute without coughing right after a Xopenex&Pulmicort treatment. It probably would have helped a lot more if we had done it before we got to that point but my mom didn't mention it until then...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search