Update on my son

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2011, 08:50 PM
praying for our rainbow
Well I am pretty much irate atm. We filed a complaint on the ER doctor that sent my son home with 90 o2's the 13th. We got a letter back today stating that they looked over his file and she monitored his o2's the whole time, gave him a steroid, antibiotic and breathing treatment while there. None of that EVER happened, she came in listened to him, chest xray and boot out the door. I am beyond furious this woman is falsifying my son's medical chart and more than likely fruading our insurance. I contacted a lawyer today about this because no i KNOW why the doctors didnt want to do anything when I took him back since she told them she discharged him with 97 o2's. I am just beyond furious right now. My son's care was probably effected the 2 days he was in the hospital now because of this woman.

May 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so sorry the doctor is lying to cover her butt and your son is getting crappy care because of it. I hope they do something instead of just letting her get away with it. Sometimes I really dislike doctors. KUP on how it goes. How is he feeling?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 26th, 2011, 10:02 PM
praying for our rainbow
Hes doing about the same, ya know the thing is i have heard TONS of negative things about this dr and how she didn't give people proper care since I said something about it to friends/family. It's to the point where I won't step foot in that hospital again. It just makes me so mad because shes getting away with this and one day can kill someone and if I don't raise a fuss and drag it to the point that I can't no more I would never be able to live with myself if that happened.

May 26th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
This is why avoid the ER.. I took my son once and they sent me home saying he had a cold.. First they try to say ear infection, but then they saw the tubes in his ears.. Took him to his Ped 5 hours later and you can clearly see he had problems breathing. It was a waste of $150 for me.. Unfornetnly his last asthma attack happened at 2 am.. So ER was the only option at that time..

But I'm sorry your going through all of this..

I don't know if your aware of this but if your son is having problems during the day, take him to see his Ped.. If he is in distress they can admit your son from the doctors office to the Peds unit.. I did that with my son when he was a infant and his O2 stats were in the low 60's.. They took his 02 stats at the office and I just rushed him to admitting at the hospital and withing 10 minutes he was in his hospital bed..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; May 26th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.
May 26th, 2011, 11:51 PM
praying for our rainbow
see thats the problem usually when he gets like this is o2's onl fall when hes asleep...he was running 92 awake still low but not enough for them to admit him, when he fell asleep they went to 82-85

May 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Do you have the discharge papers they gave you from the ER? Does it state (if you do) what they did? I know, here, Kosair gives us a yellow carbon copy of the medical stuff they filled out, the diagnosis, etc.

If you do, that's medical fraud, and I'd be calling your insurance company and contacting the medical board, plus seeking legal action.

May 27th, 2011, 01:46 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh my goodness.. I can't believe the nerve of this doctor! I hope you get some answers soon!

My Chart
May 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM
praying for our rainbow
Well I got our proof she falsified his chart today I requested copies of all medical records from his stay ans she states in her chart that 1. he had diminished breath sounds and 2. that his o2's were 97. HUH?!?!?! second his doctor wrote a note stating "The patient was evaluated in ER where the patient was evaluated and was felt to have asthma exacerbation. Saturation's in the ER were reported to be approx 90%" hmmmm now why did his dr get a report from ER stating they were 90% when in her report they were 97%.

May 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Id be calling the insurance company then and sending them the bill. Plus speaking with the pediatrician again and showing them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search