Frederick's new dr

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
So, this morning, I called his pediatrician's office to make a sick appointment for him and they didn't have any openings *again*. I was fed up because he's coughing bad.

So, I got on the phone with tricare and I moved him to here:

Kidz Life Pediatrics! (502)425-7827

June 6th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
The only part I wouldn't be thrilled about is the after hours/holiday rotation. He is in a solo practice so the other 7 physicians wouldn't have records or history for your child if you needed to call them, right? I don't know...that's just me...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My guess would be they have electronic medical records. I had a dr that she was solo and had other dr's that worked the hospital on call rotation. It seemed to work out ok. Although the hospital was terrible that had nothing to do with the dr.

Glad you found another clinic that will work and that tricare switched you. I hope the new dr is great and gets his asthma under control.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 7th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's all electronic records. This isn't a new asthma dr. It's a new primary care physician.

Although I am going to look on the provider page again. I didn't like the way the well/sick rooms were set up. Really no toys while waiting just a tv mounted on a wall.

June 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
No toys means less germs though. I hate always having to tell Danny no touching the toys but I don't want every other kids germs getting in his mouth...KWIM? I would much rather have a no toy waiting room than a toy waiting room but Danny has a messed up immune system so that is major concern with us. :/

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

June 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post
No toys means less germs though. I hate always having to tell Danny no touching the toys but I don't want every other kids germs getting in his mouth...KWIM? I would much rather have a no toy waiting room than a toy waiting room but Danny has a messed up immune system so that is major concern with us. :/
Yeah. It's just harder because unless Frederick has a fever, even when sick, he won't sit still. And if there's toys, i bring wipes and sanitizer. lol

Though I might be switching him to this

Oldham County Pediatrics

June 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
For the toys, I have always brought my own stuff for the kids. Our dr office doesn't have toys, but they have a fish tank and books. My kids don't mind at all. I hope you find a new PCM that works great for him.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I hope your new doctor works out for you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3ai3ydanny View Post

I hear you.. It took me months to let A.J even near a toy at the doctors office.. I let him play once but that's it.. I usually wear him in my Beco or put him in a stroller.. Not worth him catching something..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search