i3ai3ydanny

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 08:11 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
How is Danny doing?
Hopefully he is starting to feel better. Let us know.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 27th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Sending prayers for Danny.. I hope all is well..

July 27th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
This is the last reply I posted here...

Danny had the endoscopy with the biopsies and the ph probe Monday morning. We got to go home yesterday though. Danny has mild esophagitis (inflamed/irritated esophogas) and mild gastritis(inflamed/irritated stomach lining) and he has many, many ulcers throughout the lower part of his stomach and small intestine. His small intestine is more or less lined with them. They only scoped a small section near the top though so we don't know how far they go into his small intestine. The GI said it is most likely another food allergy. We also are pretty sure he has reflux. We will get biopsy and ph probe results on Tuesday though so at least we don't have to wait long for results...

now....He is doing okay. He is back to his old self for the most part. He is quite grouchy...I am guessing due to a lack of sleep while we were at the hospital. We have to avoid a whole new list of foods that often irritate ulcers and reflux as well... He has also been coughing quite a bit since we left the hospital. It is a wet-ish cough. It isn't really productive though so I think it is just drainage coating his throat. In the hospital per post-op asthma protocol they did Pulmicort every 12 hours and Danny did GREAT. No coughing, no super congested sound...he seemed to feel a LOT better... I will mention it to his allergist when he calls about testing for the cause of the ulcers but I don't think he needs to be on Pulmicort 2x every day... We will have to wait and see what he says...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

July 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Poor little guy. Sorry he is coughing again. Keep us posted on what they say about his allergies and asthma treatment. Avoiding foods must be so hard for him. Sorry I missed the other update, I am not sure how that happened.
Can they do anything to help alleviate the ulcers and such from his GI track?

July 27th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The Gi's nurse called today to let me know the biopsy results. He has mild reflux which is causing the esophagitis. The gastritis, ulcers, and bile that refluxes into his stomach they still don't know the cause for. They are thinking allergy though the biopsy gave no indication of that. EoE and Celiac were negative. They are putting him on carafate to try to help the ulcers heal. We have to cut a pill in 1/4ths and then give him that 3 times a day either 1 hour before meals or other meds or at least 2 hours after meals or other meds. o.O That is nearly impossible! He is supposed to have 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. He also takes regular meds 3x per day but thankfully those can all be taken with meals. I will have to work out a schedule tomorrow to find the times he will have to eat and take meds... So basically we have 3 problems that we have no solution for and that were not there at all 7 months ago. He had a 100% normal endoscopy Dec 27th. I am wondering if they are going to want to do another colonoscopy as well because he had one last July and it was normal as well. :/ We will see the GI doc on Tuesday and get a lot more in depth information and then we see the allergist on Wednesday for large scale food allergy testing. I am not sure how they will do it though. His back is so small they had a hard time doing 20 last time... I completely forgot to ask the allergy doc about the pulmicort...I need to call tomorrow though because his cough is if anything getting worse rather than better... He is not wheezing so I don't know that he will want to do anything for now but we shall see...

July 28th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Wow poor little guy. Sounds like some major preperation in his schedule to get it all at the right times. I hope it provides some relief for him though. Thanks for keeping us updated.

July 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went in to the ped today because his cough was still getting worse and his throat was really red. His tonsils are enormous! They said to add the pulmicort back in starting at once a day and up it to twice a day if it doesn't help at once a day. The ped said that his tonsils and glands are going to stay swollen until he stays healthy long enough for them to "drain."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search