We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So Danny had the "sinus infection" that triggered his asthma about 3 weeks ago... He was on Augmentin to clear it up and wound up with Xopenex every 3 hours, pulmicort every 12 hours, and oral steroids along with his normal meds to "clear it up." He got better for a few days and on day 5 of the 6 days of oral steroids he started coughing again. We finished the Augmentin and the next day were back in the doc because he was still getting worse. They put him on Omnicef and tonight is the last day of that antibiotic...he is STILL getting worse. It has been more slowly with about a neb treatment a day but we have had to kick back up to high gear since last night. We had to jump back up to every 3 hours for the Xopenex but we are waiting on the pulmicort until we see the doc tomorrow unless he gets worse tonight. He sounds much better already but as soon as we stop the nebs he goes back to either a wet cough or the tight asthma cough... He just can't get a break. I am guessing we will further discuss enviro allergy testing in more depth and do allegy shots. He had said at Danny's last "well-check" that if he wasn't doing better by fall he would have to start looking at maybe doing allergy shots. He is really going to start hating docs if that happens...
So on top of losing weight at his last GI visit and having to go back in every 4 weeks to be checked by the GI to try to figure out what is wrong, this mess of everything is falling down too. I just wish that something would go normally. One normal day...that is all I want. I want my child to be able to run and play and sweat and scream and jump and have fun without having to stop and breathe, get an inhaler, patch up a scraped knee with infection procautions, be checked for bruising, etc! Ok...rant over. I am sure there will be more to this. I just seems like everything will go well for a little bit...or at least some things will be stable while others get better...and then everything goes downhill at once...