New meds, new plan...

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
So we went in to the allergy/asthma doc on Friday. Danny sounded bad when we were in which only helped my case. He changed Danny's Advair to Symbicort and upped his Singulair from 4mg to 5mg. He is also starting weekly allergy shots this Friday to try and get things under control. The doc also said that anytime I have a question or a concern about Danny to just ask the nurse to get him because he is in that office every Friday... We have a new action plan as well. Anytime Danny is coughing...no matter if he is wheezing or not...we do Xopenex in the neb every 4 hours or as infrequently as we can without more coughing. So far we have made it to every 5 hours during the day but he also changed his Proair protocol. At preschool, everytime he goes to the playground or the raquetball courts for playtime he is supposed to have his inhaler before going. At night he hasn't needed them more than once per night(from waking up coughing). Anytime he needs breathing treatments at least every 4 hours for 2 days or more he has to start oral steroids for 8 days. The doc is also worried about his blood counts... Danny STILL has a sinus infection! He finished a 14 day round of Augmentin, a 10 day round of Omnicef and now is on a higher dosage of Omnicef for another 10 day round. His body just isn't fighting it like it should and the doc suspects his neutrophil counts are low. That combined with the chronicly low NK count...(which I am still not really sure what they do...) makes him think that his body just isn't able to fight this one off very well... I think I will have the ped order a CBC to put my mind at ease because he still doesn't seem to be getting much better. He will get a little better and then stall and start getting worse again... Right now he is at the stall point... He started with the wet cough again today rather than the dry-ish cough he had gotten back up to over the weekend...basically Sunday. It was still wettish too but much less frequent. It is getting more frequent and more phlegmy but not to the point that he is having problems breathing... I think I will call the office in the morning to see what he wants me to do because I don't like that he keeps getting worse even if it isn't significantly worse...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

September 13th, 2011, 02:57 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Poor Danny. I hope this new action plan helps him have more days of no coughing than coughing. I hope they can get rid of the sinus infection. Sorry I don't know much about the NK either. Please let us know what the Dr says tomorrow. I hope they can figure out how to help him. Sounds like the allergy asthma dr really wants to help him.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 13th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
His doc is great. He is doing everything he can but with Danny being so small he maxes out on med dosages easily. I called today but not until after my classes...aka after lunch break for them...and I had forgotten that he only works mornings on Tuesdays at one of the other offices. They took a message for me and he should be calling me tomorrow to let me know what he wants to do... Danny is making me nervous though...he seems to be bruising more and he just can't seem to get over this thing... I will probably ask for a CBC regardless of what the immune side may be because for 1 he is due for his regular CBC check and 2 I don't like him bruising this much. His legs are covered and under his knees the skin seems to be tinted darker... Not a bruise per se but it looks like dirt that won't wipe off...it is just too similar to last time his platelets dropped... :/ I just want him better... I was tickling him tonight right before bed and he just had so much phlegm coating his throat that everytime he would breathe you could year it all... It is where it sounds like loud wheezing but it is just from phlegm in his throat...KWIM? I just want him to be able to run, play, and have fun...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search