Update on Ruby

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I posted before about Ruby's ongoing GERD and astham problems. She is now on 6 daily meds.

At Ruby's pulmonologist appt, the doctor agreed to do the bronchoscopy at the same time her GI doc is doing the endoscopy. I'm praying her insurance will pay for this, since it has to be done at a hospital where her pulmonologist has privileges. Normally our insurance sends up to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children when doing tests (at least when Wes was small). She also signed Ruby up to have some allergy testing done. Woo-hoo! She said she can do the blood tests while Ruby is under to check for most things, food and environmental. She said they can't test for everything because that would take more blood than they want to from her. It seems to good to be true, I hope it all comes together. She said Ruby would only be gone from me for 2 hours max, and everything would be done, and that Ruby would not remember a thing.

The pulmonologist also spoke about a bunch of different things Ruby could have, but I'm not going to worry until we know if she has anything. It could all be just severe reflux, best-case scenerio.

Please pray or think positive thoughts that all this testing can be done. Thanks for listening

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
September 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Yay for multi-use of one situation!!! (Best term I could think of. ) I really hope that everything pulls through on the insurance as well. That would be wonderful if they could do everything at once!!! I hope they get her all straightened out soon. She has had it rough for such a little one.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

September 17th, 2011, 07:11 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad they can do multiple things at once without Ruby having to go through it twice. I hope it yields good results and she can start getting better. I hope the insurance works with you guys. KUP.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 17th, 2011, 07:56 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess, your baby is almost here!

Thanks ladies. It's been a long week. Wesley was diagnosed failure to thrive and will have an endoscopy too. Darn kids. Good thing they are so cute.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
September 17th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
I know. I tell everyone that if I ever get the chance to have more children they will perfectly healthy and a royal pain!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search