*cough cough cough* Good Morning Mommy!

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Not the way I planned on waking up yesterday. Sinus infections send his asthma into a tailspin...starting with a cough is just NOT GOOD! We started Xopenex nebs every 3 hours immediately and that did "okay" but he was still coughing at least once per minute. Last night the on call said to go ahead and start the oral steroids and up the nebs to every 2 hours and to call the office by 10 am if he wasn't "significantly better." Today he wasn't much better at all. We got the nebs down to every 3 hours but it is clockwork. At about 2 hours and 30 minutes he starts coughing more than once every 3 minutes and by the 3 hours mark it is every minute again... We can't get in to see his regular allergy/asthma doctor until tomorrow at 8:30 am but that is fine. Seeing his regular doctor is better than getting in sooner to someone that isn't familiar with all of his issues... He told us to go ahead and start the cough suppressant tonight and up the nebs back to every 2 hours if his cough doesn't get better (no closer than every 3 minutes before doing another neb.) I am so tired of this being the best he can be if you know what I mean. There has got to be something that will help him feel better and not get so sick so quick with hardly a trigger at all!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Poor sweet Danny.. He always seems to be struggling so much. How do you manage?

I hope he feels better soon. And many hugs for you.. {hug}

January 19th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Sometimes...I don't manage...I just force my way through the day. :/ His breathing is doing better but we are facing a possible permanent feeding tube being placed soon. :/ He is finally down to nebs every 4 hours and had his last dose of extended steroids today. He started a second round of antibiotics Monday too. Hopefully this will get him over this hump and get his lungs back to at least "his" normal.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

January 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
omg your in our prayers, no child should have to go through that, i pray a miracle happens

January 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM
mommyof3ny's Avatar Soon to be mommy of 3!
Send a message via AIM to mommyof3ny Send a message via Yahoo to mommyof3ny
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all of this...may I ask why he may have to be on a permanant feeding tube?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search