How are our LO's

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By i3ai3ydanny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
If you have been having the crazy weather, how have your LO's handled it?
How have your LO's handled this winter in general?

We were in the 30's-40's for a week, then 70+ for a few days and now back to 30's-40's. Danny has been okay so far but we had to use his rescue 3 times today instead of the usual two. No nebs so far and no coughing fits aside from right before the rescue. So far so good...I am praying it stays that way.

In general Danny has done about the same. His infections were less frequent...he only had 3 this winter...but they each took 3.5 weeks+ to take care of. He had 2 8 day courses of steroids and 1 eleven day course of steroids. He had Xopenex every 2-4 hours for 3-6 weeks with each infection and at least one round of antibiotics. We haven't been able to get his rescue down below twice a day and have had to use it three times a day several times...including today at soccer practice... :/ I am more okay with frequent attacks than I am with frequent infections though...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

March 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Poor Danny.. Sorry you haven't seen that much of a change.. It must be hard on you.. {hugs}

My A.J has had a great winter.. It's been 9 months since we found a home for our cat and he goes to a different preschool where the kids are rarely sick, so he hasn't need any asthma meds this winter.. I'm not to sure if something is brewing now, since it's starting to warm up.. I can see his Hay fever is acting up, eye allergies, allergic rhinitis and if it gets worse (or the pollen count gets high), or starts coughing more, I'll start him back on his inhalor.. Crossing fingers here..

I have so much on my plate right now, the last thing we need is breathing issues.. So, it's been a blessing that he's healthy in that aspect.. Just need to keep him away from cats and dogs..

March 21st, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad he is doing so much better!!! That is wonderful! And a preschool without a lot of sick kids!!! I didn't know that such a thing existed!!! Last week there was a nasty super high fever bug going around. I'm talking 104+ with tylenol and motrin alternated... There was a little girl that had a fever of 105 and it took her parents an hour to get there after they were called... o.O That was a full hour of germs oozing all over the other kids in the room!!! They live like 15 minutes from the school and the mom was at MOPS like 20 minutes away... They couldn't get ahold of the mom so they had to get the Dad to leave his college courses an hour away to come get her... UGH!!! anyway...vent over.
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

March 21st, 2012, 10:02 PM
Wow, a full hour.. I'd be upset as well..

The school A.J goes to is a private school.. Small class and they always practice washing hands,etc.. At his other daycare he was at, the opposite. A.J was sick constantly.. My friend's son who goes there was just diagnosed with bilateral pneumonia.. I'm so thankful my son is not there anymore..

March 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow... Yah. The preschool Danny is at cleans constantly and they have 4-5 times per day when everyone washes hands (these are designated separate from meal times) but kids still come in sick... :/

April 17th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Poor Danny..

Well.. I think I spoke to soon about A.J.. He is having issues again with the change in season. Allergies are kicking up.. Started up all of his medications, his cough is back.

April 19th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Same here... Danny got sick again last week. He woke up with a cough and started nebs right away. He has never gotten off of his meds but we have to add nebs and steroids back in when he starts coughing to keep him from getting too sick. :/ every 2 hours for 3 days, then every 3 hours for 2 days, then every 4 hours for 1 day, then every 5 hours for 1 day, then prn. So far he is still just in the PRN phase and he has only needed one (in addition to the preventative rescue inhaler) in the last 2 days. It healed up MUCH faster this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search