More help, and more questions...

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By i3ai3ydanny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Isn't that the nature of a medically complex child? So Danny has had coughing fits multiple times per week even though we have been using the Symbicort and proair each twice per day. The proair is used preventatively twice per day and then is used as a rescue as needed on top of that twice per day. For the last 3 weeks it has been at least twice per week. :/ So the allergy/asthma doc finally decided to try something. Danny has asthma, allergies, and reflux. Apparently the allergies and reflux can also mimic the asthma. :/ great... So they gave us a peak flow meter to use anytime he is coughing to see if it is actually his asthma or if it is something else we are missing. So far, his asthma has only been the culprit once out of 5 coughing fits. The other four I still don't know what caused... I need to put tums and a nasal spray that we have to try when the peak flow says it isn't asthma into his already overstuffed "emergency kit" which is becoming a catch all for all the things he has to keep with him at all times. :/ If the tums help, the reflux caused that one, if the nose spray helps then the allergies caused that one, if neither help than we have no idea what the issue is... I haven't had these near us with the coughing fits yet so I don't know which it is but this is really getting frustrating. The allergies and reflux can trigger asthma if we let the cough go but the asthma is not the root cause for most of his coughing fits...at least it seems that way. This was the one thing that I thought was cut and dry with him. Cough-asthma, wheeze-asthma, gasping-asthma... So now we have four more things to keep track of and two more processes to add to our morning and evening routines to try and get things straightened out and under control. :/

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

May 17th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
:hugs: I can't imagine what your going through.. I hope as he gets older, it will get easier on you..

A.J's Allergies trigger his asthma.. With the pollen count on the rise, A.J's allergies flare up.. He even has eye allergies.. It just makes it hard.. Tonight was the first time this year I had to break out his nebulizer.. I knew it was coming when it warmed up..

May 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
LOL...ours never even has time to collect dust! On a happy note though...his asthma has been leaps and bounds better since we had the g-tube placed last Friday! I am wondering if it was a combination of a food allergy or more than one and his reflux most of the time now. He hasn't needed his rescue AT ALL!!! That is HUGE!!!!
Adriana's Mommy likes this.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

May 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I just wanted to share this link with you.. A friend took a picture of this brand of milk.. Thought of you when I saw it! I wonder if it will go National.. If so, I would so buy it..

ORGANIC PASTURES FRESH RAW DAIRY

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search