Woo-hoo!

Forum: Children With Asthma

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Children With Asthma LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Hi all! I am sooooo glad to see this board! My DD Marissa suffers from asthma. It is manageable with singulair, advair and albuterol inhaler. I will be in here A LOT to offer support because for years it was hard to manage. She sees her pediatrician regularly and works with a pulmonologist.

October 18th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Super Mommy
My 5 y/o DD has had it since she was about 3 months. We can usually keep it under control unless she gets sick in the winter. Then it is like she can't stay well after that.

My 5 y/o DD has had it since she was about 3 months. We can usually keep it under control unless she gets sick in the winter. Then it is like she can't stay well after that.
October 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Jinxcat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My name is Raquel! My sweet baby girl, Jenavieve was diagnosed with asthma on Monday. She is 9 months old and has been having a very tough time, as we also have as her parents! I hope to get to hear how you have all coped with asthma and to offer support to other mommies that are going through this, too!

</div>
October 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Regular
My 9 year old daughter has had asthma since she was about a year old. Its somewhat controlled but when she gets a cold it always starts up. She has an inhaler and a nebulizer. We have been to the ER countless times and hospitalized once. I am so glad to see this board and look forward to talking to others dealing with asthma.

Amber
October 18th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son was finnally diognosed about 3 weeks ago. We were told when he was about 7 months that he probably had it but we've moved around a lot so each new doctor didn't have enough to diognose him. He's on 2 diffrent medisions 3x a day each. It's really hard to get use to so much time on the nebulizer. I Kinda feel it'll never be under control.
I also need to know when to take him to the hospital becase at night he's really bad and we usually stay up to watch him. Everyone in my family is asking questions about it or blamming it on us, the dr. even shock because we don't have a family history.yo

I am really glad this is here I'll probably have a lot of questions and I'm glad I'll be able to talk to parents of kids that also have asthma.

October 18th, 2006, 06:58 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Patty and Teresa must be mind readers! I was thinking of requesting a board for parents of kids with asthma and or allergies. My older DD Alexis (will be 5 this month) was diagnosed with asthma when she was about 6-7 months old. She was born premature at 32 weeks and they are pretty sure that along with family history is the reason for it. They say she may outgrow it but no one really knows.

October 18th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my son is nearly 16 months old and his pedi said at 2 months that he would most likely have asthma...and he does. He do albuterol and pulimcort----he's allergic to oral steriods so when major flare ups happen we are really in trouble!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
October 19th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My little peanut Raeden has asthma. Was diagnosed JUNE 05, 2006 (5 months old, I checked her website to remember the date) We use pulmicort and abuterol but it is not really in control. I'm pretty sure Raeden has bronchitis for the 6th time I'm just anxiously awaiting the drs office to open

She sees s Pulminologist at Riley Children's Hospital
October 19th, 2006, 08:11 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS, Ben (5 yrs), was diagnosed with asthma at about 18 months, but suffered from respiratory episodes most of his life. He's been on allergy meds since 4 months. He had a lot of sinus infections and chest infections (never called bronchitis till last year, but treatment was the same), until we had his adenoids out last year. No sinus infections since and his asthma is now controlled. He's on Singulair and Zyrtec, with Flovent inhaler for high allergen days and his albuterol inhaler or nebulizer as needed.

About 2-3 months after he was diagnosed, our allergist said I've had asthma since childhood (my parents didn't go to doctors for religious reasons). I'd always thought it was normal for your lungs to burn when running and couldn't understand why my brother loved running so much! Now mine's mostly under control, though I had bronchitis 3 times last year, followed by pneumonia. Having it myself helps me understand more what DS is going through. We're praying that DS #2 (due in April) will not have asthma.

Sorry, didn't mean for that to be so lengthy! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 20th, 2006, 04:24 AM
breiden4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello Everyone!
I am so glad to see this board. My 5yo son Colton was diagnosed with Asthma around 2yo. After being in the hospital for a couple days. He is now on Singular daily and also takes Albuterol as needed and Pulmicort daily. Hope to talk to everyone soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search