How often do you say no

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
when your toddler wants to nurse? How do they usually react?

November 14th, 2010, 01:34 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
I tell Bella no a lot cause if she is bored, she wants nummies. At first she got pissed. After a while, she would protest but was more easily distracted. Now, I tell her she has to wait til its bedtime and she stops asking.

November 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I rarely say no, but I try to distract her, because a lot of the time i think she is just bored and sees them there so instead of just whipping out the boob, i will say, oh did you see your new book, or do you want to go outside?

November 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I almost never say no, but they just started asking to nurse when they are bored, so I'll probably start. I think they are going to need some re-directing.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

November 14th, 2010, 08:18 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
She usually doesn't ask unless she's tired, but if she just randomly asks I usually try to distract and if she keeps on it I'll nurse her. If we're out, I tell her to wait until we get home. She's usually fine with it.

November 15th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Mum2LGandC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only time I really say no is if we are out. And I usually just try to distract her until we get home. She rarely asks for it anymore and I think she is getting close to weaning. I'm kind of sad, but at the same time I am so happy we made it this long.

November 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Zoostergirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I probably say no about a quarter of the time. Saying no usually just puts it off for 15-20 mins or so though. I did realize awhile back that some of the time when she wants to nurse it's just because she's thirsty and she'll happily accept an alternative beverage in lieu of nursing.

November 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I do it very rarely. It isnt in my best interest to delay though because the longer that passes between the more it hurts. We night weaned officially few nights ago (she had mostly stopped by herself) so if she asks at night then the boobies are asleep. She accepts that.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
November 15th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really say no. Sometimes she'll nurse out of boredom but I still nurse her. I work during the day and miss out on nursing her then so it kinda makes up for it. On the rare occasion that I say no she'll wait or sometimes she'll try to lift my shirt of stick her face in my chest and crack up laughing.
November 16th, 2010, 06:33 AM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I rarely say no. Kenni asks alot. I dont think shes bored, I think its her major source of comfort. Like if I work all day the second I come home we instantly have to nurse on and off for a couple hours straight I do get annoyed, but if I say no we have the worst melt down ever. Its just her way of being really close to me. If were out, I tell her she has to wait. Shes easy distracted then..so its ok until we get home.
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search