For BTDT mommies - pregnancy symptoms?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I thought you lovely ladies might have an answer to my question, hope you don't mind my popping over!

For those of you who were BFing their children and got pregnant, did your pregnancy symptoms with the next vary from when you say had your 1st child and weren't BFing?

I'm still BFing my DD, who is 2.5 years old now, and we're TTC. I'm just curious about this as I've been having some (probably made up ) symptoms, but it's so early to really know yet. I got to wondering if symptoms are any different when you compare pregnancies...?

Thanks!
November 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
VERY painful nipples was my 1st symptom and it was brutal when Makenna would nurse (which I never used to have any pain). Then my milk changed, it was slower for letdown and the taste changed. Otherwise I had no idea I was pg because we weren't even TTC'ing and I hadn't seen AF since before I had gotten pg with her.
November 23rd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was kind of hoping that might be one! I'm not sure if I have painful nips right now because DD went to town on them the other night (I swear she nursed the whole night OUCH) but normally that pain goes away after a few days pass. This seems to just be getting worse.

I'm hopeful this is a sign a BFP could be in my near future!

Anything else that was different between pregnancies nursing and non?
November 24th, 2010, 08:02 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I nursed DS1 till he was 1 and had my first PP AF at 10 months.
PAINFUL nipples during nursing! Ouch!
Nausea during nursing
What I assume must have been decrease in let down and change in tasted as my son eventually stopped BFing all together because he didn't get milk. He'd end up biting me to the point of bleeding.

I tested 3 wks after my son's 1st birthday and there was a BFP! (We weren't trying, so it was a surprise!).

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

November 26th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
I felt a sense of irritation when Thuya nursed. I think it was from the nausea and general discomfort from early pregnancy.

November 27th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I had "pregnancy symptoms" for months before actually getting pregnant. In my case I think it was hormonal imbalance due to breastfeeding. I had taken so many pregnancy tests and wasnt about to take another one. What made me do it was that my boobs hurt so much I couldnt lift my hands above my head without it hurting.

I dont remember when nipple soreness showed up but I think that was pretty early. They are still hurting loads, that is about the only pregnancy symptoms I've had consistently. Everything else has been mild and an on/off thing.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search