How to get DH on board?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
So I am nowhere near the 1 year mark yet, but DH is already asking me when I am going to wean. This is my last baby and I really don't think he will be done at 12 months, but I don't want DH to bug me about it daily. How do I get him to see that it is not crazy to BF past one year?

December 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Tell him that you like the increased protection against uterine and breastcancer Tell him that the milk is full of antibodies and continuing to breastfeed will keep him healthier. Tell him that it is between you and your son and really none of his business.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
December 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
frugality=reality

Throw in that obviously, our bodies make the milk more concentrated with nutrients as baby gets older, FOR A REASON-because it's normal and nature's necessity (only because of man making artificial breast milk and drinking the milk from a cow's boob has it changed).

Explain that the immune system isn't mature until between the ages of 5 and 6, so the longer you can offer your immunities, the better!

My husband wasn't on board at one time. He first "gave me" six months... then a little longer, a little longer...etc. I kept telling him that it wasn't his body and he'd be at work and couldn't stop me.

I also find it so completely silly that people expect our babies to be instantly weaned from HUMAN MILK designed BY human bodies FOR human babies to be given milk from the tit of a cow-which is designed BY cow bodies to fatten up BABY COWS. *shrug*
December 15th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
My husband was against breastfeeding from before pregnancy. His whole family is against it. I ended up breastfeeding until DS was 26 months. We weaned because I wanted to have a break before we started TTC'ing again. He asked me a lot when I was going to quit and I said eventually or when we're ready.

Oh, and he's all about breastfeeding for our next baby!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
December 15th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality=reality View Post

I also find it so completely silly that people expect our babies to be instantly weaned from HUMAN MILK designed BY human bodies FOR human babies to be given milk from the tit of a cow-which is designed BY cow bodies to fatten up BABY COWS. *shrug*

The most ridiculous part I think that where I am they insist that children need cow's milk from one year old because they need the energy (they just refuse to give up on the myth that breastmilk=water after a year). The kicker though, they recommend fat free milk for the kiddos. Now what was that energy thing again?

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
December 15th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
Thanks ladies I will try to get him to see that BM changes with the baby's age and that it will still be beneficial to him to BF after he is 1. I don't plan on nursing on demand past one like we are now, probably just for naps and bedtime which I told DH and he said "well if you're only going to do it part time what is the point, why don't you just stop?" I just feel like it is a special time with just me and the baby and that some breast milk is always going to be better than none at all.

December 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I would just ask him why he cares. Does it really matter to him if you nurse the baby to sleep?

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search