Can I come over here?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been on the breastfeeding board for a while, but I don't post all of my questions or comments because I feel a lot of the people there are nursing young ones and won't be able to relate. I'd like to post some of those questions here.

Here is one of the questions: The past few days my nipples have been KILLING me. I'm trying to decide if it is Paige getting a lazy latch, if she's sucking too hard to get the milk out faster, or if it's hormones from AF. I've been slowly getting AF back, although, she's not completely here. It's been about three weeks of cramping on and off and then having yucky stuff on the toilet paper occasionally. I just know that it has to be AF. I don't think it's her teeth because it doesn't only hurt in one spot - it's both entire nipples.

Has anyone gone through this? BTW, I'm also on birth control. I have the Implanon in my arm.

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

Last edited by mnj1983; December 21st, 2010 at 12:32 PM.
December 21st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Welcome!

Does she have all her teeth? When DD was getting the first molars she would suck so hard that I felt she was sucking my nipples off. I would get so sore. Thankfully once they came in she went back to her old nursing pattern.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
December 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She has all but the eye teeth and the very back molars.

December 21st, 2010, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I get very sore nipples when I O and for about a 1 week after. I also notice it a lot more when Maddie's teething. She just cut her 2 bottom eye teeth last week and that was a doozy to nurse through.

Hopefully things will settle down for you. The other time they were that super sensitive was when I was pg and nursing. It's amazing what hormones can do to our bodies.
December 21st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't nurse her tonight. It just hurts too bad. I don't know what's going to happen when she wakes up tonight. I don't think this hurts as badly as when I first started and had so much nipple pain, I just think that I'm not as determined now because she's not a newborn and doesn't NEED it. We'll see what the future holds.

December 24th, 2010, 12:17 AM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lurk mostly here but I wanted to chime in. Eli is about the same age and lately I'm having a lot of pain, too. I'm definitely cutting our nursing sessions shorter because of it. The pain started while I was nursing him on an airplane, so I think the dry air on the plane sort of dried out my nipples and they are still chapped. Ugh, it's crappy. I've just been putting tons of lanisoh on them and grimacing through the pain.

I'm also on birth control and haven't really gotten AF back, although I feel crampy like she's gonna come at any point. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time!

December 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Before this, would nipples would get sore occasionally, either from teething or horomones. Now that I'm pregnant, they are REALLY sore, but luckily it goes away after about a minute.

Could you have thrush? Unfortunately, even toddlers can get it or moms of nursing toddlers. DD and I had it not too long ago, I think it was just this past fall. It also may not hurt to test just to rule out pregnancy.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

January 16th, 2011, 10:57 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
^^^I was thinking the same thing! If it hurts really bad it could be thrush. Does it feel like a sort of stabbing pain that kind of sears into the breast? Or is only in the nipple? Does your DD have any white patches in her mouth? I also agree to test to just be certain that you aren't pregnant. My older one was a birth control baby! I can attest...it does happen!

Welcome though! You most certainly belong here!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search