20 month old newborn?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 09:21 AM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the title says it all she is wearin me out last night she nursed 4-5 times and the last one this morning was at 9 and by 10 she had already asked for "boo-boo" twice, i tell her no all the time,i hate doing it but dangit im tired...lol...i might be able to hold her off for maybe an hour but after that its impossible.what can i do?ive tried the whole crying thing..uh nope,i cant last long and she can cry forever!! seriously she will not stop until she gets boo-boo.i still enjoy our BFing time but i do find myself jealous of all yall that have like 3 sessions a day shes not ready to wean and i know this but WHEN will she cut down at least?TIA

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
January 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Have you tried to cut down on the night nursings? I told my daughter that the boobs need to sleep too and eventually she accepted that. She was only nursing twice so I let her but cut them down to only 10 minutes (she would have pacified on me for the entire night).

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
January 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluga View Post
Have you tried to cut down on the night nursings? I told my daughter that the boobs need to sleep too and eventually she accepted that. She was only nursing twice so I let her but cut them down to only 10 minutes (she would have pacified on me for the entire night).
i have tried and she screams bloody murder i just dunno what to do with her...lol

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
January 14th, 2011, 12:03 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little one is starting to get like that. She was nursing a little less when we first started solids, but now that she's so aware of my breasts, she just comes up and tries to nurse when she's tired, cranky or bored. It's very hard to say no....

I guess I don't have any good advice, just know that I understand!

January 14th, 2011, 05:12 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Well, my DD is like that. It can be hard at times. She actually had a big growth spurt in november. She was nursing 1000000 times a day and eating a ton of food and gained 1/2 lb in a week. But generally she nurses 6-12 times a day. Sometimes during the day I know she is just bored and I try to redirect her with a toy, etc and it sometimes work. It is exhausting. As far as the increase in night feedings,could she be teething or something else bothering her? DD nurses 2-4 times on average a night sometimes more than that. This is an improvement to when she used to nurse every 45-60 minutes I know it is hard when other mommas with babies the same age or younger report nursing 2-3 times a day!

January 14th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
My son nursed that much at that age too. At the time, I wasn't really trying to wean, but shortly after I went back to work and that was what cut him back. Sorry I don't really have any good advice for ya.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
January 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
My 18 month old would nurse every 30 minutes if I let him! Sometimes, he will nurse, get up to go play, look back and see me still sitting and come back for more. It is exhausting. Best thing I do to stay sane is to remind myself that he is only this age once. This period will NOT last forever, as much as it seems like it is day in and day out.

I slowed my older one down to 3 times a day simply with not having any supply. I was pregnant with the younger one and just could not do it anymore when she was just dry nursing. She would fuss and cry but all I could do was have her father rock her to sleep and snuggle her. She now only nurses once a day, just before bed, but would LOVE LOVE LOVE to nurse more. I just was feeling so resentful that I sort of insisted. I am a full time student now so it works with me. I am gone or moving fast when she would nurse those other times. It was a challenge though.

Another trick I have discovered with Owen is to stay on my feet. So long as I keep busy when I don't want to nurse him he generally doesn't ask! HAHA. Also, the more we do by playing and going places he tends to not ask. It is hard to consistently entertain but once again, he is only this age once. I can never turn back time! As moms, we do what we have to do, right?

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

January 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
It seems to be a stage/phase at that age. My dd would nurse all day long at that age if I let her. I noticed that staying busy helped, even if it just meant I didn't sit down as that always seemed to trigger her need. She did eventually cut back, we are down to 2-3 in a 24 hour period, but for a while it was much more than that. It's exhausting and I feel your pain, but it will get better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search