Breastfeeding support?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
In the course of breastfeeding, who, other than JM ladies, has offered the most support?

Do you feel like you have ever offered someone IRL breastfeeding support that they actually appreciated(I say this because I know of someone that did not appreciate my support)?

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

January 17th, 2011, 12:05 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom has been wonderful and very supportive. She breastfed my brother and I for a few years each. My SO is also very supportive.

I helped my bff push through her early nursing troubles (cracked, bleeding nipples and severe pain) and now she's happily nursing her 10 month old still. Most of my friends know how pro-breastfeeding I am lol.

January 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
The LLL has been super supportive. I have given advice and one of my friends says i am the reason she was able to bf at all.

January 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The mom's group at my hospital was awesome. Almost everyone who ever came to that BF and the woman who facilitated it was a lactation consultant.

I have a friend who I wish I'd given advice to. She formula fed her first after her milk didn't come in the first day No one at the hospital bothered to tell her that it wouldn't be in yet. She had her second in December and even though she took a BFing class that time, she ended up formula feeding as well. Her second baby was born quickly and she says he was spitting up amniotic fluid. She decided to give him formula to stop that. I don't know why. I honestly don't think she was committed to BFing at all. I think she was just going through the motion to make her husband happy that she'd at least tried. I found out she'd switched to formula and I wanted to give her information on relactating because the baby was only 9 days old at that point. I didn't want to over step and don't think she would have appreciated it, but I still wish I had sent it. She's a SAHM, so has the time to BF if she wanted to.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 17th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
My DH and the public health unit.

January 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
lttle_one's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lttle_one
LLL has been super supportive. Honestly, most people in my life have been. I was clear from the beginning with every one just how much BFing meant to me and how much I needed their support and I have been lucky enough to receive it. I was just thinking earlier today how blessed I am to have such wonderful people in my life.

I have had a few friends take advice re: BFing and be thankful and had 2 friends attempt to BF after seeing me and talking to me. Again, I think it's because I have been so open about it that people feel I'm someone they can turn to. I try really hard to be supportive and non-judgmental. Sadly, few of those friends even made it to a year, but at least some babes got a little BM that may not have otherwise.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search