Question on Nursing and Cycles

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Liam is 27mos old or 2 years 3 mos old and he loves nursing. He nurses randomly at times but for the most part its when he is needing a nap or bedtime. Some times in the middle of the night but lately its just early morning.
I have actually been breastfeeding non-stop since September 10, 2006 when my second son was born. I nursed him a week after we brought Liam home then had to ween him. I feel horrible for doing it but I couldnt handle it...it actually made me cranky and I feel awful for even feeling that way.
So we are talking about trying for our fourth and final baby only my cycles are still messed up. I am finally noticing a pattern of around 50 to 55 day cycles with a luteal phase of 8 to 10 and one 16. We are not really trying yet and I am thinking on waiting until March or June.
What I am wondering is, can the long term nursing I have been doing be part of the reason my cycles are weird? Especially since I have been nursing since Sept 2006, was nursing while pregnant, gave birth and am still nursing without pause? I really dont want to see the OBGYN yet since we arent really sure when we want to actively try so I thought I would ask your opinions until I do see my OBGYN. Thanks!

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search