Weaning...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
Destiny
it isn't going so great.
Maybe because she's teething, or maybe because I've been so irritable and lethargic. But she won't wean. I tried cutting off feedings one by one, but she would cry until I nursed her. I tried cutting them all shorter, but she wouldn't have that either. The only advice anyone's been giving me is cold turkey, but I would have a very distraught baby on my hands if I did that.
Does anyone have any advice on how to gently wean her?
The only distraction that seems to work is if I hide while daddy feeds her or rocks her, but we're back to square one as soon as he leaves.
I don't think she's ready to wean, but I really need her to, I've been feeling worse and worse and I really need to get this out of the way.
TIA

February 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
mommabirdof4
I have no advice because I had to just do it cold turkey. Everytime I would nurse I would have painful contractions and I just can't take any risks since I am pregnant with twins.

Is she taking a bottle at all?
February 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabirdof2.5 View Post
I have no advice because I had to just do it cold turkey. Everytime I would nurse I would have painful contractions and I just can't take any risks since I am pregnant with twins.

Is she taking a bottle at all?
She has a cup, but when she wants to nurse she won't drink from it. I'm giving her milk, water, and limited amounts of juice.
How did JoJo deal with the cold turkey? Was it very hard for her, or was she not quite the addict that my daughter is?

February 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
mommabirdof4
Well big difference is JoJo's age...She is almost 19 months...so she was down to nursing a few times a day as it was and had already night weaned on her own. She had a rough time the first few days...but I would distract her. I was a BAD mommy and gave her choclate milk the first few days to distract her...I know horriable but I had to stop...I am having contractions everyday as it is....and I know I am already on the path to PTL.

She was a pretty big booby kid...she still asks for it but I just can't give in even though I do want to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search