nursing MORE at 2 y/o?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i thought jacob was beginning to self-wean. then we all got an awful stomach flu. obviously, he nursed more once he stopped vomiting. i was happy to be nursing since he refused all food and drink (even water and pedialyte). but now that he's been better for a week, he's wanting to nurse MORE! we've been down to morning and bedtime since 18 months. now his sessions are longer than usual, AND he insists on nursing before nap on weekends (i work FT, so he just gets cows milk sippies with the sitter). i wanted him to wean ~2, which is this month. i think i may have to encourage the process, but i'm not sure how since this is such a delicate age. anyone else experience an increase in nursing ~2?
February 9th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Yes, Dalton did begin to nurse more, which is what drove me over the edge. I was trying to follow the child-led weaning ideas in the LLL book I read, but he was going in the opposite direction. I starting telling him no to nursing at some of his requests - at first he was a little upset, but then he didn't push it. A couple weeks later he was weaned. I initiated the weaning, but he finished it.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 6th, 2011, 08:50 PM
~Annissa~'s Avatar I love my kids!
Yep, both of my kids that nursed past two had a HUGE increase right at that age. I'm not sure what it is about then, maybe a growth spurt?, but they went back to wanting to nurse like infants. I weaned my middle daughter who did it because we went out of town and she stayed with her aunt, but my youngest I rode it out and she slowed back down after a few weeks. We went from 4-5 sessions a day to 2-3, then back to 4-5, then down to 1-3, then just 1 at night and now at 33 months she fully weaned on her own.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search