No AF yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok I know people have asked this before but most of the time someone has another reason not to have AF, like IUD!

I have been BFing for 20 months and I still haven't had AF. I am nursing, mostly at night and maybe 1 or 2 times during the day (unless he is teething or sick) and I thought it would have come back by now. Most people that I talk to have gotten AF back by now even with BFing. I asked my DR but he just gave me the it's not unheard of talk. I just wonder is there anyone else who doesn't have a reason not to have AF (like IUD or some other of BC or pregnancy) and still hasn't gotten it back after 20 months PP??

Danielle: Mom to Caitlyn (16), Brooklynn (12), Jackson (8), Lincoln (5), & Baby Harrison

March 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Sorry! I am in your boat (just not as long breastfeeding). I was at my daughter's 1year appointment (we have the same doctor) and asked the same thing. She said it's not unheard of to not get your period until after completely weaning. Though she said if I hadn't gotten my period at DD's 15 month appointment she'd send off some blood work!

Good luck!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
March 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I had the same issue. When Ben was nursing a lot at night AF was still a now show. After he turned 1 and started sleeping through the night (thus not nursing at night) AF showed. I had my first PP AF the month after he turned 1. Jan, Feb and March...AF has arrived like clockwork.

Good luck to you!
I'm Maria!
Married to my sweetheart since 2007.
Mama to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and Adeline.
Human to Jeyne the Redbone Coonhound.

<3 Autism Advocate <3 Babywearer <3 Blogger <3 Nerd <3 Bookworm <3
March 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
LovingMyBoys's Avatar Mom of 3 boys
Almost at 13 months of nursing here and no AF or inkling of her here either. I don't think she will be showing for a while yet with how often C nurses!

March 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went 16 months of nursing around the clock with no AF. As soon as my kiddos stopped nursing at night AF came back. Your body produces a lot of hormones at night. If you're waking a lot and nursing a lot, then that can easily keep AF away for some people.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

April 5th, 2011, 11:18 PM
dcdep's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At 13 months, no sign of AF here either! My son nurses ALL THE TIME at night though (I work long hours so I don't mind). I don't miss her, but I never got her regularly in the first place I guess.
April 13th, 2011, 09:03 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My AF just came back yesterday, and it's barely here, and DS will be 22 months tomorrow. I'm basically spotting (although I'm also pretty crampy). So it's not even back full force. We bf 2-3 times a day, none at night. I assume that when I completely stop it will go back to normal.
Amy, mommy to Eli Michael, June 14 2009

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search