AF + nursing = sucks

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got AF back in January and every time I have it (it's still not regular yet), my nipples hurt so badly. They feel like they did the first week of nursing - except instead of it being a surface thing caused by rubbing, it's a hormonal thing that I can't fix. The pain lasts for about a week or more, and I'm unable to nurse her for very long at a time. Any tricks?

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

May 10th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I have no advice for that (I'm sorry) but I wanted to let you know that your story has really encouraged me. My ds is 13mos and I really hope to continue nursing,even after AF shows! :-)

May 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Super Mommy
Not much advice here, just that it's totally normal. I seem to remember the first few times AF showed up were the worst and then after that I would be sore for a few days during PMS. You can try nursing in different positions to find one that maybe hurts a little less. It's ok if you have to temporarily shorten nursing sessions (esp with a toddler) and you can be honest with your daughter and tell her that you are sore today and can't nurse as long but you can do ____ instead.

May 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfull_vine View Post
I have no advice for that (I'm sorry) but I wanted to let you know that your story has really encouraged me. My ds is 13mos and I really hope to continue nursing,even after AF shows! :-)

Yay! I loved having this long of a nursing relationship. I got an IUD recently and even though it made my periods way lighter, I still am having the nipple pain. There are other positions that make it better, though. I just had to experiment. Luckily, it only lasts a week.

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

June 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Veteran
YES IT DOES!!! I feel your pain lol AF has been back since about 8 weeks PP for me and every flippin month I go thru sore nipples etc...Some months are worse than others. For some reason I remember being told taking calcium and magnesium helps??? Idk if that's right or not, I've never tried it cause I always forget when AF leaves and then remember again when it comes again! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search