After nearly 3 1/2 years...(x-posted)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2011, 08:26 AM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I am pretty sure Leila is weaned! She had been nursing once a day, just before bed for quite awhile now. Well then she started skipping days at a time. So over the last couple of weeks I have been snuggling her when she asks to nurse and playing the "animal kisses" game she loves so much(give kisses like you think each particular kind of animal would give). So far it has deterred her each time and gives us special time together. We are closing in on two weeks of that and while she asks still almost every night I am calling it quits. I am DONE. I am sort of sad, but mostly just enjoying our new special time.

I am hoping to keep nursing Owen until his 2nd birthday but I have definitely noticed a HUGE drop in milk already and it kills me already. I wouldn't be too upset if he called it quits before then! Either way I really hope to cut him off after his birthday. I can't nurse throughout like I did with Leila. I will go crazy!!! So for the sake of the future little one's ability to nurse Owen will have to get the ax off the boob!

Just thought you would want to know!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

May 15th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Congratulations mama! That's a really long time you've nursed Leila for. You did great with that. Hope Owen agrees to give you a bit of a break.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
May 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, I know weaning is bittersweet, but now with another on the way, I really don't blame you for being done! I was sad when Anna weaned, but now that it's worn off a little, I'm glad. You've done awesome mama!

Expecting baby #4!

May 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
You're pregnant?! Wow! Congrats!
And then congrats on the nursing milestone!!! Your little one's are so lucky to have such a gentle mommy. Way to go!
May 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Cograts Momma !!!

June 14th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Linz L-I's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Carolina girl relocated to the Philly 'burbs (for now)
You are such a great mommy, Jen! I'm glad you have found a fun new way to have special time with Leila. ((((hugs)))))

June 17th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Congrats Jenn. You have been such an inspiration to us all!
June 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
wll, i remember you! melissa nursed 41 months, and that felt really great-- congrats to you! her reasoning was that i was expecting "baby duckie" and she wanted to save milk for him. oh, and i am pregnant again, too-- wow, the world keeps turning, even when you're not in on it. i like your comment above the ticker, that "one slipped past the IUD goalie". for me, my best friend didn't think he could have kids. but i have 2 dark lines and a picture of a "tadpole" that prove otherwise.
i'm glad you made it this far, and let her wean on her own. it's such a special feeling! will you be hanging around here? i'm sure there are mostly new faces, since i've been gone about 2 years.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

July 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Thanks to all who responded! I just made my way back on and hadn't read most of these...I am teared up over the support and encouragement!

Owen is still nursing 1-2 times a day and I think for the time we are keeping it at that. He isn't as interested as Leila was always so I think my time is numbered. This is both good and sad for me. Bittersweet is probably the best word for it. I even feel such sadness some days for Leila not nursing. In any case, I am so glad to be able to turn to you ladies and hear such positive encouraging responses!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search