Hi....Again

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2011, 08:05 AM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to post on here a little awhile back, but I tood a much needed break from JM. I decided to come back when I found out that I am pregnant with baby #5. The support from the DDCs are nice but it gets scary when they turn into PRs and everyone is SO different.
Anway, I'm still nursing my 32 month old, she will be 3 in October. I am 7 weeks pregnant. Nursing my toddler is not bothering me too much. My nipples are a lot more sensitive, but nothing too bad. It just hurts at first then it's like normal.
How many of you nursed while pregnant and did they wean themselves? How did it all play out.
I don't want to sound selfish, but I would love for DD to wean soon. I'm not going to force her of course, but is there anything I can do to help her? She is super attached to her ''boom booms''. This past week, I did get her down to 3 times a day. In the morning when we wake up, at nap time, and at bed time.
Any help and advice is much appreciated

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

June 27th, 2011, 10:29 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Hey you! I wondered about you for a while. Congrats on your new pregnancy! So exciting. Bella just weaned a few weeks ago and recently has started asking again and I (selfishly) don't want her to start again. Although, if she keeps it up, I might end up giving up.

Good luck and Congrats!

June 28th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back Nikki, I remember you! Congrats on your pregnancy!

I've nursed both of mine during pregnancy. Abigail nursed through my whole pregnancy with Anna and we continued to tandem nurse for about 18 months when she weaned. When I got pregnant this time, Anna nursed through the first 3-4 months, but then weaned herself. I didn't really push it, but discouraged her from nursing some because my nipples were so sensitive. I was sad that she weaned, but glad because nursing just wasn't enjoyable at all anymore. I'm excited to nurse the new baby though and hopefully nurse just as long as the other girls did!

July 30th, 2011, 02:30 PM
~Nik*Re~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After about a month, I got her down to twice a day, most days. Most of the time she will go to bed without it, but she still nurses when we wake up and for nap time. It hurts so bad right now

Check out my FB page for cute Boutique Stuff for Boys and Girls

August 15th, 2011, 07:03 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
so great to see you here, nikre! i had no idea you were still nursing! i am nursing 18 month old nick, and his older sis nursed for 41 months. congrats to you! glad to know you, and hugs!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search