New!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ladies! I'm Amanda (24) mother to Sebastian (9m). As you see my kid is not quite one year old yet but, I'm darn'd and determined to make it there and then I want to make it till two!

I know I am not the first woman to run into criticism for breastfeeding this long. I get it all the time cause people can tell he's not little and people around here seem to think that the day that your baby turns 6 months old you stick a sippy cup in their mouth and then start them on table food. It's so annoying!

I love nursing my monster baby. He's 9 months old and about 25 pounds so no no can tell me that breast milk is not enough for him! He's a complete booby addict! I love the closeness and the cuddling is amazing. We still bed share some too so I just can't help but to love on him.

I'm dieting right now which is no fun while breastfeeding cause I have to keep eating more than I really want to to make sure my supply is healthy but, I would rather be fat than not nourish my child properly.

I'm excited about this group and I hope you gals will let me in 3 months early!

July 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
welcome!!! i am bed sharing and nursing my 2 year old (who is not even 25lbs, so wahoooooo for you!). I get a lot of criticism but i do not care.

July 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
star shaped's Avatar Regular
I get some criticism, but only from people I know. My son is 17 months old. I want to breastfeed him longer, but I recently found out I'm pregnant again, so my milk production has been decreasing a lot lately.
July 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Welcome! I popped in here a few times LONG before my DD turned one..the first time she was probably only 3 months old, but now she's 17 months (almost 18 months!) old and still going strong!
I got tons of criticism when she was younger because I didn't give her formula as well as breastmilk and because I wanted to let her self wean (How gross! LOL ) but now they don't bother

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search