anyonever weaned a toddler successfully, against their will?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
my son is now 18 months old, and i am 15 weeks pregnant. we've had a great run, and it's not the reason why i'm stopping, but good LORD, i'm having trouble with certain nameless family members stomping on my choice to prolong BFing (one in particular is good with kids, but doesn't HAVE ANY and talks down on my natural parenting every chance she gets-- my brother's girlfriend, and i hate causing fights between the two of them when it's unnecessary). the real reason i need to stop is because i am so sore, i nearly cry every time latches on, and he isn't always exactly gentle. plus, i have a history of slightly preterm labour, and i don't want to take any chances releasing oxytocin at say 35 or 36 weeks, during nursing sessions.
so has anyone else gone this far, or further, and decided they just needed to stop? if so, how did it work? he claws at my clothing/chest and while i give him milk, he has definitely not forgotten. i would so love to nurse the 41 months i did with my daughter, but it just doesn't look like it'll pan out that way. any thoughts? i feel terrible making him stop, but i do feel it's for health reasons for the new baby, and he's gotten plenty of mommy and me time, and the breastmilk immunity stuff.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 28th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Veteran
I hope your folks didn't meddle with your BFing when you had Damon Michael.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search