Hello and a question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 06:30 PM
amymgem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone. I didn't even know this forum existed! My name is Amy and I have been nursing my daughter Wren now for almost 13 months. It was my original goal to make it to a year, but now I'm thinking we'll try to get through flu season as well. In addition, I love nursing. Wren is very active, not super cuddly, so that quiet time together is priceless.

Anyway, my question is purely out of curiosity. How old is your LO and how often do you nurse?

September 21st, 2011, 05:14 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
My LO is 27, almost 28, months old. She nurses from 2-10 times a day. Generally in the 2-4 range, most days 2-3 times. ALWAYS in the morning and ALWAYS at night.

September 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
My LO is 15 months old and nurses 2-3 times a day. My goal was also a year and now I'd like to get thru flu season too I'm afraid my DD may wean in the next few months though, she isn't interested as much anymore. She skips nursing before bed about 1/3 of the time, just goes straight to bed after DH puts her jammies on her. And usually mornings before work are her best nursing time and she really wasn't interested this morning. She's starting to become a grouch in the mornings! But she is also getting her canines, so that may play in to it also.

September 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My LO is 14 months old and nurses constantly. She nurses about 4-6 times throughout the night, plus maybe 4-5 times during the day and of course, before bed. If she's sick or teething or has other issues, she may want to nurse every hour, day and night. We went through a phase from about 11-13 months where she was nursing every 1-2 hours for the entire two months!! Thank goodness that's over.

September 29th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I lurk, but I currently am nursing my almost 1 month old daughter. My oldest 2 weaned at 4 years old and 2 years old, so I still hang around here once in a while until I'm nursing past a year again

Expecting baby #4!

September 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Super Mommy
We just past 12 months, and i just found this board. I never planned on going past 12 months, but it seems only natural now. My lo is nursing about 6 times per day.

October 5th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I nursed my first until she was 15 months and she weaned herself because I was entering my second trimester with my second child and she lost interest.

I nursed my second until he was 27 months for the same reason, pregnant with #3.

I am nursing my third and he just turned 2 about a week ago. I am pregnant with #4 and am not exactly sure how far along I am, but I suspect it is nearing the end of my first trimester because I can feel a dramatic difference in my supply and it has dropped a lot. He still loves to nurse, though. I'm not enjoying it AS much because he uses it as an excuse to get me to stop doing things with his older siblings and hog all of my attention (he's really manipulative. lol) and I really want him to gain more independence at this point. So he is 24 months and we occasionally nurse prior to a nap in the afternoons, I nurse him before bedtime at night, and then I nurse him first thing in the morning.
October 8th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm nursing a 3.5yr old and she usually nurses 3-4x a day. She was down to once a day during my pregnancy but increased once there was milk again.

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
October 11th, 2011, 03:54 AM
My nursling is a few days away from 15 months and nurses anywhere from 4-7 times during the day (less if we're out and active, more if we're staying at home) but basically alllll night (we co-sleep). The daytime feeds are usually very fast though, 5 minutes tops.
October 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
kenn is 25m and nurses 2-10 times too. mainly in the 2-6 range though. and mainly just in the mornings. my major goal was 2 years, now im just really waiting for her to tell me shes done, or until im done. i throughly enjoy nursing and i know i will be very sad when we have our final session, i love that time with her so much <3
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
October 27th, 2011, 04:12 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Amy! This is my first time on this board, just browsing around because there's not too many mamas in our PR I can relate to in this aspect. Celia is almost 13 months, she drinks whole milk a couple of times a day and was down to nursing only once or twice but lately she has been wanting to nurse constantly. I hope it's just teething or something because it's getting uncomfortable. Anyways, there's the long answer to your question-i'm going to look around some more and see if I find any tips on how to handle this.

November 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM
jennifer13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Jennifer pop in every once in awhile. My son Xavier is 30 months and he nurse's about 8-10 times during the day but they are fast i think thats why it's so many. and 2-3 times while sleeping .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search