Mourning donated BM

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know there are lots of babies in need so I couldn't help but donate all but 50 oz of my formerly 600 oz freezer stash. I kept a little in case of emergency, but now all I can think about is how hard I worked to pump that, and now what happens if I get in an accident or have surgery or for some other reason, have to stop nursing? My DD could have used that. Oh, well. The chances are slim and at least now I can say I helped another baby have BM for a whole month.

September 23rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
you did well I ended up throwing out a lot of frozen milk that expired because i was saving it, just in case

September 26th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
you did well I ended up throwing out a lot of frozen milk that expired because i was saving it, just in case
Most of what I thawed out ended up going to waste, so I figured I should donate it. For example, last week Juliana was sick and had a hard-time nursing, so I thawed out 15 oz of milk to try to spoon feed it to her, but she didn't want that either. So I decided to make her a smoothie with it, and should wouldn't drink the smoothie. I hated to see all of that going to waste so I donated almost all of it. At least now that's lots of room in my deep freeze and I can stock up when meat goes on sale.

March 6th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Veteran
Good decision. I would have done the same thing. *thumbs up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search