Hello!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2011, 09:11 PM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Amanda and I'm very proud to say that I have been nursing for 13 months! My son is a booby addict! I love nursing my son even though sometimes he bites!

I thought I would join cause I am getting increasing criticism from my DF family telling me I need to wean (mainly cause they think if he's off the breast he will get to spend the night at their house, which he won't even if he was).

DF's family is very impatient with me and my son as you can probably see from above. His mother thinks that she has "rights" to him and a "say so" to what I do with him! So I have very little support and I'm planning on at least nursing til 18 months! Which seems like no one understand around here!

I don't understand at all why anyone would tell someone to stop nursing! It's such a wonderful amazing thing to give a child!

I'm so excite about this group!

November 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
welcome! this board is a little slow, but people occassionally pop in. my family got a little weird after 1 year and at this point, no one is really supportive, except the La Leche meetings and a couple friends. And my family doc who bf for 4 years!

November 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM
jennifer13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello My name is Jennifer and I feel you. My son is 30 months and he loves the boobies . I work as a Breastfeeding peer Counselor so i get that a lot that someone is telling them to stop. What I tell the moms you do it as long as you feel comfortable to heck with everyone else. I get that a lot my self. it's go's in one ear and out the other LOL. congrats and good luck.

November 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
GeekMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's annoying to hear everyone's negative opinions but, like you said I just ignore them.

I love nursing. Minus being chewed on.

December 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Lucy, and am nursing Ripley, who is 13 months. nobody really cares or seems surprised that I'm 'still' nursing. I hate that use of 'still' by the way! I got my undergraduate degrees in anthropology and primate behavior and a similar graduate degree. humans and nonhuman primates do not wean for convenience and babies aren't given substitutes. I just feel it is natural and logical. However, society being what it is, I probably won't bf too far past 2 years. of course we will have to wait and see!

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search