Advice? After barely nursing for months..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Ashlynn is all of a sudden obsessed with her milk.
Well.
She calls them nip. LOL
I'm still dry as can be but she's been asking to nurse still and actually latched for more than .5 seconds for the first time in weeks. Granted it was only 2 or 3 seconds but hey, it was something! Then she REFUSED to let me put them away. Nope. She had to go back and forth a couple times, then snuggle one. And tell me allllll about it.
And how it's all gone
What I'm trying to figure out is if this sudden interest again is a sign that maybe she's going to be nursing again soon? I feel like I cheated her out of milk since I dried up completely at 12 weeks pregnant. I'd love to nurse her again and have her actually get milk.
I've heard milk may return in the 3rd trimester.. Does it return as actual milk or just colostrum?
Is there any way to know if it's returning? I've had these awful itches lately and weird enough, when DD latched the itch stopped. I know she didn't get anything, but could that be a sign of something or just some fluke?
Any ladies dry up early and have their toddler still looking to nurse when baby is born? She's gone 8 weeks without milk and she still tries..but we also have 20 more weeks to go.
Thanks for any input. Finding info on this stuff is almost impossible.. I mean, how many people actually continue to BF through a pregnancy and then after?

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
February 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Destiny
I highly recommend looking through this website:
kellymom.com :: Nursing During Pregnancy & Tandem Nursing

I breastfed through pregnancy and I am still tandem nursing. But my milk never dried up. You can always try reintroducing after baby's here too. In fact, my little girl is the very best thing for when I'm engorged first thing in the morning

February 3rd, 2012, 11:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
have you thought of trying a supplemental nursing system? Unless you are ok with her weaning this is a good option. It sounds like she will start nursing once the baby comes as long as she stays interested. The SNS will help her stay interested plus give her the milk she is looking for. Along with all the cuddles :-)
February 4th, 2012, 07:52 AM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
I actually haven't considered it. She's allergic to cows milk, so we'd either have to use almond or coconut milk or juice.. Then imagine her surprise when mamas milk changes to..well..mamas milk! LOL
It's a good idea though!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search