pump at work or ??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Ripley is 15 1/2 months and nurses in the afternoon, evening, and all night. while I agree that breastmilk is best, does she need it at daycare? she is currently offered 1-2 bottle/cup from DH in the morning (I leave at 4:30am) and one cup at daycare. then she breastfeeds from 4pm on. she also eats a very healthy 3 meals plus snacks (though lately not very much eating due to molars).

so does she need the expressed milk during the day?

[url=http://lilypie.com]
February 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Veteran
I have heard of people stopping pumping at 1 year and just having the caretaker offer either water or another type of milk. Then when mom and baby are together they just nurse. You could give water, cow milk, or any other type of milk like rice,soy, coconut..
February 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I pumped for 19 months and then she got plain unsweetened soy milk. If your LO is eating enough and nursing the other times of the day, it is not necessary per se for them to have the expressed milk or any other milk, unless you want them to.

February 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely not necessary, although it would be slightly beneficial, but I guess you have to weigh it with the time and inconvenience of pumping. Personally I think if I did not WFH, Juliana would have been getting almond or rice milk during the day after 12 months or so.

February 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM
nilla's Avatar Veteran
This is a decision my DH and I just made (DS turned 1 a few weeks ago). We decided I would stop pumping during the day, and DS would get whole cow's milk during the afternoon while I am at work. He nurses twice in the morning before I leave, when I get home (around 5) and before bed. I just wasn't getting enough milk pumping at work to make it worth it, personally.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my super cute siggy!

February 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
After thinking about it more, I really do want her to get the milk. So I'm still going to pump once. That provides enough for what she usually has during the day anyway. I really think what she needs is as much mamas milk as she wants! But I just won't worry about it too much.

[url=http://lilypie.com]
February 29th, 2012, 04:47 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
sounds like a good plan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search