How often do your toddlers nurse?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 10:28 AM
chlodoll
How often do your babies nurse per day?

Isaiah is almost 11 months and he still nurses 6 times per day I would say and a couple times over night. I dont really have a problem with this but I think he needs to start eating a bit more food soon since he is quickly approaching one.
October 18th, 2006, 11:01 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Lyndsey still nurses a lot! She nurses every three or four hours still. Except at night but she still wakes me up every morning around sixish to nurse. Then she goes back to sleep.

October 18th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Andrew is 15 months old and he nurses before bed, during the night and in the morning. Sometimes he nurses when we first get home in the evenings.....but only when nothing else will pacify him. He would nurse more if it was up to him, but I've semi-weaned him to this.
October 18th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Harrison is 15 months also, he nurses in the morning, sometimes for a long time, depends on if I'm trying to get him to sleep in, at nap time and bed time for sure, sometimes in between, sometimes not, depends on our day.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
October 18th, 2006, 05:26 PM
-Shannon-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
he nurses in the morning, sometimes for a long time, depends on if I'm trying to get him to sleep in, laugh.gif at nap time and bed time for sure, sometimes in between, sometimes not, depends on our day.[/b]

October 18th, 2006, 05:57 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nathaniel is 15 months and still nurses 6x a day plus
October 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
no idea how many times. SHe is pretty much a 3 hrs like clockwork kind of girl, but will sometimes snack, and other times we will get busy while we are out and she might not nurse for 5 or 6 hours.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 19th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
Harrison is 15 months also, he nurses in the morning, sometimes for a long time, depends on if I'm trying to get him to sleep in, at nap time and bed time for sure, sometimes in between, sometimes not, depends on our day.[/b]
here too with Nathalia

Alorah nurses maybe 3 times a day and only for about 2 minutes at a time. At bed time she nurses for a bit longer.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

October 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ethan nurses at least 8 times a day (including overnight). He's a snacker too and just likes to have a suck here or there. At his cousin's b-day party he was feeling really insecure and I nursed him about 5 or 6 times in 1.5 hours! He's a big-time comfort nurser. I've started doing the "don't offer, don't refuse" weaning strategy, but he asks a lot!

October 19th, 2006, 09:12 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
I work outside the home. Annika nurses every hour on the hour from 5 till bed time. Then she will go to bed and wake about 230 ish to nurse again.

October 20th, 2006, 04:44 PM
*Lindsay*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Some of you still nurse a ton! I have just this week cut to 4 sessions instead of 5 because we have had to introduce Pediasure-she is not gaining weight like she should. I was all for it too as each session is 30 minutes still! I cannot imagine nursing 8 times a day still, but then again, yours probably don't nurse for 30 minutes, or do they?????

She also sleeps through the night and doesn't wake up to nurse!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search