Child lead or Parent lead weaning?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 10:43 AM
chlodoll
What are your plan? Are you currently weaning? Are you letting your child wean themselves?

I was planning on starting to wean at a year but I really dont think that will be happening! Isaiah is to breast obsessed lol I am now leaning towards letting him wean himself.
October 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I plan to wean whenever Lyndsey decides.

October 18th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had planned to start at a year too, but Andrew is a boobie baby and wanted nothing to do with that. I did manage to get him on whole milk at daycare so I'm not pumping now. He still nurses at night, during the night and in the mornings and I don't see us getting rid of those until he's ready.
October 18th, 2006, 03:37 PM
caitbeans's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to caitbeans
I'm not there yet--still have a while to go but I will let Abby wean herself.

\
October 18th, 2006, 04:30 PM
doctormom's Avatar Veteran
Not sure yet. Hopefully I'll let him decide, but at this rate it may never happen!!! I don't think I want to tandem nurse so probably no later than his 3rd birthday when we plan on having #2.
October 18th, 2006, 05:27 PM
-Shannon-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I originally thought at one, but now I want to let him go longer.

October 18th, 2006, 06:45 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
i hope no one minds im posting here, lily is almost 10 months .

she will self wean.

October 18th, 2006, 07:15 PM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have let all my kids self wean. I plan on doing the smae with kae.
October 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
cait: your groovy milky mama blinkie rocks! can I save it and use it??

Grace weaned during my preg with Lily, and though she asked after she had gone 48 hours without nursing, I decided we were done. No asking again, no drama at all.

LIly weaned during my preg with Flis. She too asked after a few days of not nursing, and I told her we were done and saving the milk for the new baby. She was cool with it and didnt ask either.

I have nursed each of them until they were 2 1/2, Grace was 31 months, Lily was 33 months. I noticed that once I got pregnant, I had some issues with being emotionally distant and not as affectionate with them until they weaned. I am really torn about what to do with Felicity. I am considering weaning when I get pregnant next time, because I think my relationship with her will be better.

I never thought I would say anything other than child led... but having noticed some real emotional problems within my last two pregnancies, I am really going to soul search this time.

I do hope to nurse Felicity till she's 2 And there's always the possibility that she will self wean before 2, but my other two daughters didnt....

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 19th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I say child led weaning until 3 then I start to wean them. Xandria nursed until she was 3 years and 5 months, Thayer nursed until he was 3 years and 4 months. Alorah is nursing still although not that much hopefully she will wean by herself she will be 3 on November 23. Nathalia is still going strong.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

October 19th, 2006, 09:05 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping Ethan will be weaned by the time he's 2, but I'm kind of a pushover when it comes to nursing, so if he wants to go longer, I'll probably let him

October 19th, 2006, 09:11 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
I still haven't made my mind up on that one. I am still deciding. Annika is almost 10 months now and does not show any signs of slowing anytime soon.

October 19th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Both I guess, if he's still BFing at 2yo, I'll probably start trying to wean him...who knows though, that could change.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search