Family support?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 05:28 PM
-Shannon-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your family support your decision to nurse past one year? I think mine will be o.k. with it, but my sister thinks I am babying him more than I did my girls. I might be, but he is my last baby!

October 18th, 2006, 06:25 PM
chlodoll
My family has always been supportive and I am sure they will continue to be
October 18th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
My parents and my in laws and my husband are all very supportive. SOme of that has to do with the fact that I have always been confident and am always finding out new information to give them. My dad actually really gets a kick out of watching toddler nursing acrobatics

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 19th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
watching toddler nursing acrobatics [/b]
OMGosh, yours too??? My DS is all over the place while BFing...DH wonders how he doesn't pull my nipple right off!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
October 19th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
watching toddler nursing acrobatics [/b]
OMGosh, yours too??? My DS is all over the place while BFing...DH wonders how he doesn't pull my nipple right off!
[/b]
Mine too!!

My family is okay with it....sorta.....kinda. DH really really wants me to stop. And from comments my mom makes I know she thinks it's time to wean him, but she's not going to be rude and unsupportive of my decisions.
October 19th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
My family is pretty supportive, my mom definately my dad begins to ask me don't you want your body back after they turn 2. My husband is behind me 100% I will actually be getting annoyed with hte older one nursing and he will stick up for them, I have asked him why he is so pro extended nursing and he said he wouldn't want to give them up His family has learned to shut their mouths about the whole deal. His Aunt was a maternity nurse and she has "approved" of extended nursing so they don't talk about it negatively anymore.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 19th, 2006, 07:17 AM
doctormom's Avatar Veteran
My ILs (which includes my MIL, who's a former NICU nurse) are pretty bothered by it, but they don't actually know I'm still nursing. Thankfully they live far far away... She was bothered when he was like 2 months though so I just figure that's ignorance for ya. My parents, I think, are ok with it but are a little weirded out that I'm still going. I don't see them too often either cuz they live 5 hours away, so thankfully it doesn't come up much. I don't plan on letting it change what I'm doing, but it DOES bother me when my mom comments. I think she's learned to just give it up now. If she does start up again asking why, I plan on forwarding her some of the articles on the benefits!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search