Do you nurse your toddler in

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Breastfeeding Past One Year LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Public?

If yes what age would you be uncomfortable with when nursing in public?

I nurse Nathalia in public but not Alorah anymore she is old enough to know to wait. I will nurse her at friends houses though or family members.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 19th, 2006, 07:11 AM
doctormom's Avatar Veteran
I only nurse DS in the morning first thing and at night before he goes to sleep. During the day he just gets cups of cow's milk. He's never asked to nurse during the day and I guess I'm not too excited about restarting that now. So nope, don't do it in public. Would I? It would depend on the circumstances. Tomorrow he's having surgery (ear tubes) and will probably be starving by the time his surgery is done. If he's not too sleepy and wants to nurse at that point, I plan on it. But that's at a children's hospital, so it's hardly the standard "public"!!
October 19th, 2006, 07:40 AM
-Shannon-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will until he gets too big to hold...although now he doesn't even ask to nurse while we are out.

October 19th, 2006, 08:34 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to have Ethan down to naptime/bedtime nursing by the time he is 18 mos. I have no problem nursing him in public until he is fully weaned tho. Right now, I'm hoping to wean him when he's 2, but we'll see.

October 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no problem nursing my toddlers in public but I find that once they are about18- 20 months or so they just aren't interested in nursing while we are out and about.
October 19th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would if need be at this age, 15 months, but Harrison very rarely wants to BF while we're on the go.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

</div>
October 19th, 2006, 02:10 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i do but i prefer not to because he is acrobatic when nursing lately

i think not after 18 months BUT i never considered nursing past 12onths at all
October 19th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't in a couple of months, but I used to all the time. He's more interested in the world around him now!!
October 19th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No she usually only nurses at home. It just isn't an issue when we are out.

October 20th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Grace still got nursed in public till age 2. I mena, she was down to 6 nursings in 24 hours at 2... LOL! SHe was still nursing like a baby, really. And no one ever said anything about it, so I didnt think it was a big deal.

Lily was down to first thing in morning, before nap and before bed and middle of night by 2, and I rarely had reason to nurse in public past about 18 months.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 20th, 2006, 09:58 PM
chlodoll
Isaiah is 11 months now so we still nurse when we are out but I find he is becoming less interested and going more hours while we are out now. I would have no problem nursing him in public until he is done breastfeeding completely.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search